Referees/Officials

Not sure why this needs a new thread when we already have one on referees. And anyway it misses the point entirely which is that we're being systematically shafted. It's not inconsistent refereeing but deliberate actions that are costing us.

How can anyone be in any doubt that the game is bent after watching Clattenburg's performance for Arsenal? Handball clearly seen by the assistant but goal still given and red card not issued to Gibbs on the basis of some bullshit excuse that everyone can see is bullshit. And then there's Clattenburg in the Cup Final last season, pulling back Palace for free kicks twice when clearly having an advantage. That action is the sine qua non of a fixed game. Yet these actions are not remotely questioned by the media.

Clattenburg wasn't voted the best referee in the world because he consistently turns in faultless performances; it's because he is the best at delivering pre-determined outcomes.

Crucially not forgetting his performances for Spurs v us at both away and home the pen awarded against Raheem was ridiculous and the 2 offside goals in the way game I rate him has a ref and that gives me more belief that some of his decisions are deliberately poor

2 great examples this weekend why technology won't help:

1. The France/Scotland rugby - France "try" goes to TMO. All the commentators saying defo try. TMO says no try and actually gets the rule wrong when disallowing
2. Howard Webb in the Times today re sanchez handball - he said he would have allowed it

Technology introduces more, rather than replaces, flawed human subjectivity. And whilst it does, we get further away from the purest form of the game.

it's a "no" from me.

Interesting analysis on the Bournemouth goal there.....

....quite clearly the on-pitch team are getting "help" on decisions

It's so fishy football these days

Great performance tonight, I was worried the Mard Bournemouth fans might back him into a weird decision but he stood his ground. Weird how their goal got disallowed but that God the right decision was made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.