Referees/Officials

The Chelsea game derailed our season to an extent but it was our own doing too. Taylor was an arse that game, but we missed a massive amount of chances to win the game.

This season has been a failure of missed chances rather than bad defending.

The Chelsea game derailed our season to an extent but it was our own doing too. Taylor was an arse that game, but we missed a massive amount of chances to win the game.

This season has been a failure of missed chances rather than bad defending.

Totally agree, but my point was, even allowing for 4 away defeats, when we got what we deserved, and 3 home draws, when we were the architects of our own downfall by missing penalties, and countless chances, but for 2 very large heavy doses of corrupt / incompetent refereeing, henceforth referred to as WWD, we would be in a totally different position.

Accepted we outplayed Chelsea for 60 mins and missed countless chances (KDB how?? - i could have scored that, had i got there, although i am happy to admit, i would have been 60 yards back), however, we should have had 2 penalties, and we should have been playing against 10 men for 60 mins, (so Sideshow shouldn't have even been there to get Sergio and Fern sent off, with a knock on for future games.

Chelsea and Spurs are the really painful games, as despite our shortcomings , (and i promise not to mention goalkeepers), and missed chances galore, we deserved better from those games. I am not asking (particularly) for better performances, i'm not asking for better "luck" as genuine "luck" should even out, i'll be happy to accept what we actually earn, shortcomings and all. I am simply asking for just a little protection from WWD

I've been turning up at The Etihad this season after the first flush of undefeated performances and I have wondered how the next bizarre goal was going to be conceded. That has changed a little lately and I walk up the spiral to where the FOCs in CBL3 sit and I ponder as to which new, wonderful and fractured way the ref is gonna shaft us. I think it might be well into next season before their creativity has been exhausted. Is Mason on the south coast tonight?

Not sure why this needs a new thread when we already have one on referees. And anyway it misses the point entirely which is that we're being systematically shafted. It's not inconsistent refereeing but deliberate actions that are costing us.

How can anyone be in any doubt that the game is bent after watching Clattenburg's performance for Arsenal? Handball clearly seen by the assistant but goal still given and red card not issued to Gibbs on the basis of some bullshit excuse that everyone can see is bullshit. And then there's Clattenburg in the Cup Final last season, pulling back Palace for free kicks twice when clearly having an advantage. That action is the sine qua non of a fixed game. Yet these actions are not remotely questioned by the media.

Clattenburg wasn't voted the best referee in the world because he consistently turns in faultless performances; it's because he is the best at delivering pre-determined outcomes.

Not sure why this needs a new thread when we already have one on referees. And anyway it misses the point entirely which is that we're being systematically shafted. It's not inconsistent refereeing but deliberate actions that are costing us.

How can anyone be in any doubt that the game is bent after watching Clattenburg's performance for Arsenal? Handball clearly seen by the assistant but goal still given and red card not issued to Gibbs on the basis of some bullshit excuse that everyone can see is bullshit. And then there's Clattenburg in the Cup Final last season, pulling back Palace for free kicks twice when clearly having an advantage. That action is the sine qua non of a fixed game. Yet these actions are not remotely questioned by the media.

Clattenburg wasn't voted the best referee in the world because he consistently turns in faultless performances; it's because he is the best at delivering pre-determined outcomes.

I pretty much agree, however the reason for the new thread was, that as opposed to systematic WWD which as i said we encounter on a weekly basis (pretty much every game), and cope with, (to a degree), when it is as blatant and as severe as Chelsea and Spurs games, we are well and truly f*cked, (as , i agree, was intended ), and more specifically, solely those 2 abject / superb performances from the referee, are all, (not our profligracy , incompetence, poor defending, or anything else) that is preventing us from being level at the top with Chelsea, or indeed clear at the top

We can point to some pretty strange refereeing performances, but equally at 1-0, De Bruyne missed open goals against Chelsea and Boro, and we missed two penalties against Everton.

We can point to some pretty strange refereeing performances, but equally at 1-0, De Bruyne missed open goals against Chelsea and Boro, and we missed two penalties against Everton.

Yeah but then look at it from the other side. Chelsea fucked up, Aguero was put through on their goal & their cb hacked him down. It's a game changing fuck up, worse than DeBruyne's miss, as it's a double fuck up, first losing the ball, then hacking down Aguero in panic.

But they got away with it, thanks to the ref.

The 2006 Italian football scandal, or Calciopoli in the Italian-speaking world,[1] involved Italy's top professional football leagues, Serie A and Serie B. The scandal was uncovered in May 2006 by Italian police, implicating league champions Juventus and other major teams including Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, and Reggina when a number of illegaltelephone interceptions showed a thick network of relations between team managers and referee organizations, being accused of rigging games by selecting favourable referees.

This looks familiar.......

The 2006 Italian football scandal, or Calciopoli in the Italian-speaking world,[1] involved Italy's top professional football leagues, Serie A and Serie B. The scandal was uncovered in May 2006 by Italian police, implicating league champions Juventus and other major teams including Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, and Reggina when a number of illegaltelephone interceptions showed a thick network of relations between team managers and referee organizations, being accused of rigging games by selecting favourable referees.

This looks familiar.......

Did it mention Clattenburg ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.