Referees/Officials

The Cold War's over, mate.

If that's your genuine view then it's a bit pathetic to be quite honest and I'm not trying to send this off topic or start some sort of shit slinging contest but your home country doesn't exactly have the most squeaky clean record. If it makes money, it makes sense. That goes for every country.
You're right. I appoligize. That bit about doping for the Olympics was fair play - we should have thought of that.

Again - Russia, China, and North Korea can totally be expected to play fair. And tonight's ref was totally corrupt.

My bad.

If it was my not choice and not the owner's, I wouldn't, as I have pointed out several hours and posts back, before you presented your thoughts for us all to digest.

You seem to have attracted the interest of several other ( paranoid/ conspiracy theorists ) also known as posters, so I'll let you continue spreading the " UEFA is innocent " propaganda.

Have a nice day, y'all !
Yeah, you're right.

I'm probably not going to watch any more UCL matches. Refs are totally corrupt - no way we'll win.

Messi did dive in the box and was told to get up but not carded,no ref is ever going to book him for diving

Referees leave me with the notion that they will apply their own personal feelings and ideas to the Laws of the Game. The foul on Sterling by Digne is a yellow card. Sterling was past him and he gets yanked back by having his shirt pulled. When that didn't work he was tripped unceremoniously. The ref blew for the foul, but it was a clear attacking opportunity that was halted by foul means. It should have yielded a mandatory yellow card regardless of the time on the clock. Digne had a couple of other nibbles before the ref started getting the card out. I call this institutionalised cheating. The same goes for those time-wasting bastards who masquerade as goalkeepers. You waste time on ten minutes but it won't be for another eighty minutes before you get a yellow card for the umpteenth effort at wasting playing time. Teams are being cheated, fans are being cheated and the Leagues, PiGMOL and the governing bodies of the sport fiddle while Barca burns!

Yeah, you're right.

I'm probably not going to watch any more UCL matches. Refs are totally corrupt - no way we'll win.

Despite the refs being corrupt, last night proved we can win ? Corrected for accuracy.

Please yourself good buddy , do what the f*ck makes you happy !

Sterling dragged his leg across the defender looking for the foul.

IMO, though, it was still a foul.

At the very worst a non-call.

But I think that Sterling was looking for the call and his exaggeration, in this instance, didn't work to our favor.

Bollocks mate it was a clear penalty, Sterling wasn't looking for a pen as he had no need too.
I was on the first row SS1 and had a clear view of it.
Definitely a penalty and no way could the ref not see it.
Either he bottled it or he is a cheat.

All I said there was each opinion to their own and talked about your point hypothetically. There is plenty to base our opinion off (that he was biased, corrupt or not), from past Barca games and things such as the article I posted.
I'm not naive.

Yes, you're correct.

The ref might have been biased - perhaps unconsciously so. This might well have affected his calls.

But to call the ref a cheater... that requires an entirely different level of proof.

That the ref may be more used to continental games and would have referred in that vein - absolutely.

That the ref might admire Barca and may unconsciously have referred in their favor - maybe - the article you cite lends credence to that opinion.

That the ref was a cheat and intentionally made calls, knowing that the call was wrong, in favor of Barca... well maybe.... but that requires a ton of proof to back up which I've read nothing nearly enough to make this conclusion.

Moreover, that a ref who was corrupt was allowed to officiate, means that the entire UCL referring management chain is in on this as well.

Not sure how in hell Chelsea won a few years back in that case.

Last edited:
Sterling dragged his leg across the defender looking for the foul.

IMO, though, it was still a foul.

At the very worst a non-call.

But I think that Sterling was looking for the call and his exaggeration, in this instance, didn't work to our favor.

Come off it mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.