Referees/Officials

Yes I read it at the time and it stinks but I'm not sure why that means we have to be stopped when it's Chelsea who are doing the damage this year.

I feel there is a pro United media and pro Liverpool media but other than that I don't see anyone else benefitting at our expense. i certainly don't think we can argue with the sendings off this season. Something of our own making that.

I genuinely believed it's influenced by far out betting markets, excitement and slightly pro-status agendas.

They are now taking the piss out of the fans of all clubs who pay hard earned money to watch their team playing these red twats.

They need video help. Game is to quick and players are masters of play acting. How hard is it for the assistant referee to get his verdict through the ear-piece ? Obviously not on all decisions. But certainly a red card decision.
Mad isn't it that we have multiple cameras covering every game for English or foreign broadcast and it would literally take 15 seconds to see whether feghouli should have been sent off

Nope, United would have had at least 10 less points without Tom Daley's weekly penalty in the run in, so we wouldn't have needed that good a record to win the league by 20 points. Not like you to be the sole contrarian though mate, you ok?

Just a lighthearted quip pal. Even 99 points would have been a great season then. Apologies if it caused any offence.

I am sure the boys in our video editing suite could put together a video defence of all the decisions he got wrong

As it happens, watching the Dihno red card, I can see why he may have given it.

I'm sure they could. FWIW I think Mason's performance today was hideous, and Taylor's in the Chelsea game, etc. But they do what they want and get away with it time after time - in front of a live audience of 50k and a TV audience in the millions.

Realistically, I don't think there's a whole lot that anyone can do, because it runs much deeper than just a few dodgy decisions to spite City.

It'll all come out in the wash, as they say. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later!

Just a lighthearted quip pal. Even 99 points would have been a great season then. Apologies if it upset you.
Why would I be upset? You were just being you. Expecting you to not be swimming against the tide in a thread like this would be like expecting Mike Dean to try and have a quiet game, it would be madness.

It's about time the club started to something about it
Pep will have to take one or two for the team. Say how he really sees it and accept a couple of bans like Moureen. Only when it is highlighted in this way will it possibly make a difference.

The fa will do everything to help them and try to stop us in the last few weeks rojo should have sent off twice and big nose.
They've red a red card for west ham that was a joke.
Atleast two clear offside goals given to them
.it's not just shit ref's it's bent clear as day and the fact there still so far behind chelsea is cos there shit and Chelsea have won every game.
The fa want them at the top because there the most famous and will get the most clowns watching on tv

I agree with that bit but I'm not sure what it's got to do with us, other than us being their city rivals. Wouldnt all the other big sides be getting shit decisions too if it was just to propel them up the league?

If they wanted to stop us they haven't been doing a very good job because we have won more trophies than anyone else in the last 5 seasons.

Our discipline has been terrible this season and all sendings off deserved. It may well be true that they have got away with murder especially rojo but that doesn't mean ours were any less worthy of sendings off.

If we bleat about refs too much we become like them. They get these decisions because of years and years of intimidation from whisky nose as well as an obvious bias due to worldwide fan base.

Have to watch we don't turn into victims though. Not really our style that is it.

There is zero we can do about the favouritism they get but we do have control over our own performances. If we play as we can all of the time then refs decisions will become totally irrelevant to our success.

Don't know about others, but it was a blatant red card for Fernandinho, he should know better.
No ones actually arguing about that,it's the other decisions in the game and other games i.e. West Ham fucked over tonight,certain clubs are benefiting from decisions,but it gets thrown out as it evens itself out over the season..

Seems clear that there are some "favored" teams and City clearly isn't one of them. While I don't think of the refs as "bent" (as in taking a bung for the outcome of a game), but I do think they have a slanted view of incidents. They already know WHO they are going to be looking at harshly, and they have a hair trigger for this selection of players. Sadly, Fernandinho is on the list, Sergio is on the list, Sterling is on the diving list, Otamendi is on the list when he comes with the player and/or goes to ground. Throw in that Sagna may now get a word in his ear and be on the ref's shît list or even a game ban for his tweet.

So, what to do? Meltdown? Have a hissy?

To be fair, given the talent difference today, the ref SHOULD have to give Burnley a few penalties today to even get close to this City squad.

But, none of that negates the fact that Liverpool, West Ham and City fans are all absolutely pissed off at the refs today, because they feel the refs suck. The Liverpool fans are joking, as always, but City & WHU fans are absolutely spot on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.