Referees/Officials

Suprisingly BBC or Sky havent shown the incident on Silva towards the end in the box where he stayed down. Has anyone seen it and was it a foul? Looked it from 115 and the contempt shown by Mason after that to Silva was a disgrace. No mention either of the multiple fouls that should of been yellows that he just let go and one baltant one i thought by Hendrick who had already been booked.

It was a masterclass by the defender on how to trip an opponent. It was a masterclass in how referees are ignoring blatant fouls committed on our players. Yesterday, though, Mason went the extra mile and berated Silva was having the temerity to go down under the challenge and then demonstrate sheer effrontery by wanting to be treated on the pitch. The most shameless piece of 'refereeing' I have witnessed for a long time.

Suprisingly BBC or Sky havent shown the incident on Silva towards the end in the box where he stayed down. Has anyone seen it and was it a foul? Looked it from 115 and the contempt shown by Mason after that to Silva was a disgrace. No mention either of the multiple fouls that should of been yellows that he just let go and one baltant one i thought by Hendrick who had already been booked.
There were lots of nigly fouls that went unpunished, but what annoyed me was when he refused to play advantage (in the first half).
He'd looked to keep the game going all afternoon, but the moment we had a clear break away he stopped play. It was totally incompetent officiating at best...

I don't think you're surprised at all, are you?

The club already knew that, which is why he was dropped from a couple of our games in 2012 after evidence was put in front of the authorities. That's when Riley came rushing up to Manchester to do a Q&A and told us, among other things, about the process for selecting referees for games. He made it clear that each ref was attached to an FA County Association and that they couldn't officiate at games involving clubs in the same association. That rule was broken yesterday and you have to wonder why.
The thing is Colin, what is being done about it then, if anything?

My wife isn't a huge football fan but was losing her mind yesterday with the decisions and said "even I know he's giving them everything!"

The annoying thing in the write ups is them focusing on Pep being annoyed due to the ref card. That doesn't even scratch the surface. It's probably one of the only decisions he got right. It was every ther decision. The yellows missed time and time again. The hack on Silva and then telling the physio to hurry up to which the physio told him to shut up (as the physio outranks him when on the pitch etc).

It's ruining football and it's week after week at the moment.

The thing is Colin, what is being done about it then, if anything?

My wife isn't a huge football fan but was losing her mind yesterday with the decisions and said "even I know he's giving them everything!"

The annoying thing in the write ups is them focusing on Pep being annoyed due to the ref card. That doesn't even scratch the surface. It's probably one of the only decisions he got right. It was every ther decision. The yellows missed time and time again. The hack on Silva and then telling the physio to hurry up to which the physio told him to shut up (as the physio outranks him when on the pitch etc).

It's ruining football and it's week after week at the moment.

Mrs Ewing is a Toffee by proxy and it has taken her a while to accept via my daily promptings that the media input, day in and day out, looks for the negative slant on MCFC, but she's finally got there! Same with these refs. Once upon a time it was generally a two hundred mile trip for an official. Nowadays it seems that appointments are made to fit certain 'wished for' outcomes.

Sorry City fans, but I can’t see Guardiola’s problem.

Unless your name’s Rojo, Barkley, Ibrahimovic, Costa, or Luiz, that’s a Red Card all day long.

I'm not sure if it was a foul, but Silva was definitely waiting for the challenge.
To be honest, I thought that was one of the few decisions that Mason got right, especially when Silva started rolling back onto the pitch, to waste time.
It's one of those things that irritates when you're losing, but is termed professionalism when you're winning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.