Referees/Officials

So tell me what you see, count out the number of times they gave actually suffered from such absurdly biased, wrong decisions going against them. I have given you actual, undeniable examples where the refs got it ridiculously "wrong" in their favour.

Zlatans goal last week, laughable to be disallowed however I did laugh.

Herrera got a second yellow one game for slipping didn't he? That was a poor decision which reduced them to 10 and a key player missed the following game.

Whilst the palace game they had a few things in their favour they also scored a legitamate goal at 1-1 which was ruled out wrongly for offside and had a handball in the build up which could of been a pen.

Zlatan stooded in the knee against West Ham I think it was? Could be wrong but easily could of been a red.

There are others that are a bit more subjective so I wouldn't class then as nailed on one but certainly would do above.

They've had a lot go for them recently which has coincided with their best run of wins for a while, has it been down to Joses bitching about refs, certainly changed the last few weeks. On the whole they've got away with a bit but had some odd ones against them. I certainly wouldn't say they get let off and we get punished I think overall the refs are shockingly bad throughout.

was that an agree 'indeed' or a sarcastic 'indeed' I really thought he was good tonight. Let the game flow and was fair to each side.
Woah Cowboy. Seriously I was agreeing with you. I thought he was good tonight. It was actually refreshing to watch a game where the same standard of refereeing was applied to both sides.

Think referees should be randomly appointed to games and not picked based perceived ability and difficulty of game. Each team should get within reason an equal distribution of each ref so we can all share the crap refs. Unless a ref is a supporter of a club he should ref the game regardless of where he's from or lives. Then refs should get yellow or red cards based on performance (reviewed by retired refs) and like players they should get bans for incompetence accumulated over period of time.
Guess there would be a massive shortage of refs for games if they got red/yellow cards for performance - so many would be suspended at any one time.

Zlatans goal last week, laughable to be disallowed however I did laugh.

Herrera got a second yellow one game for slipping didn't he? That was a poor decision which reduced them to 10 and a key player missed the following game.

Whilst the palace game they had a few things in their favour they also scored a legitamate goal at 1-1 which was ruled out wrongly for offside and had a handball in the build up which could of been a pen.

Zlatan stooded in the knee against West Ham I think it was? Could be wrong but easily could of been a red.

There are others that are a bit more subjective so I wouldn't class then as nailed on one but certainly would do above.

They've had a lot go for them recently which has coincided with their best run of wins for a while, has it been down to Joses bitching about refs, certainly changed the last few weeks. On the whole they've got away with a bit but had some odd ones against them. I certainly wouldn't say they get let off and we get punished I think overall the refs are shockingly bad throughout.
That's the list I would have as well.
Three, maybe four moderately negative and debatable decisions which is normal for any team.
As against about three games in which they should have been reduced to ten and their key striker should have been missing all of December because of suspensions.

My point is you obviously won't have every single decision go against them but just weigh the pluses and minuses this season, and during most of fergie's period, and it's blatant.

Woah Cowboy. Seriously I was agreeing with you. I thought he was good tonight. It was actually refreshing to watch a game where the same standard of refereeing was applied to both sides.
Sorry mate. You can never tell. It was just so different to our games this season. I actually enjoyed it because I never felt he had an agenda or bias. Sad but true. Thought Spuds deserved it and feel they have a really strong first 11-13. Would never swap De Bruyne for Ericsson but would take Deli Ali, their full backs, centre backs and defensive midfield any day of the week. Looking forward to our next home game to see how we measure up.

That's the list I would have as well.
Three, maybe four moderately negative and debatable decisions which is normal for any team.
As against about three games in which they should have been reduced to ten and their key striker should have been missing all of December because of suspensions.

My point is you obviously won't have every single decision go against them but just weigh the pluses and minuses this season, and during most of fergie's period, and it's blatant.

I think it's the level of some of the things they've had for them which would be my issue, the offside goals. How you can miss Rojo first time around but for him to do it again and get away with it is shocking. zlatans elbows and stamps which is never highlighted and I get where you're coming from. Big easy decisions that not only get missed but completely ignored afterwards too. Somethings rotten in our game

They'll have decisions go against them, all teams do, it's the majority of major/game influencing decisions that go in their favour that is disproportionate.

Ibrahimovic is pretty much a red card waiting to happen every game, he's worse than Costa but gets sod all action against him.Going back further how many times did Ronaldo kick out at opponents but never receive a red and it never be scrutinised in the media?

Herrera being booked for a slip is strange but at least it is consistent ineptitude, as wasn't Fernandinho booked at the Swamp for slipping into a rag?

In the early nineties my dad loved watching the Italian football, in fact he got Sky tv so,that he could watch the games as well as the ones on Channel 4.
It was far better than the Premier League, with world stars playing fantastic football in fron of packed houses in new stadiums.

Unbeknownst to most of us at the time the games were rigged, the referees were corrupt. Slowly the fans began to realise more and more as, like us, they saw it with their own eyes (at least those that wanted to).

The crowds dwindled, the corruption was admitted and the league plummeted in quality. Now you have average teams playing in front of sparse crowds. Once honest people realise they are cheated out of their hard earned cash that they spend following their club they won't go back.

The FA, Murdoch's media empire, Sky TV in particular and the crooked stench of PGMOL have been like a cancer growing within the game that has now taken such a strong hold that they feel they can do as they please with impunity.

Fans with eyes can see it all. They don't want to admit it because it's an admission that the game has ended as we know it. To the deluded who say "well if you think it's bent stop going", surely the correct response should be that the good/honest people should stand up to and point out the corruption in an effort to have the thieves removed and the game handed back.

If we don't then take a look at our future, Italy is over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.