Referees/Officials

Indeed, fully appreciate where you're coming from, except that I don't see a disparity between decisions for them and decisions against them, certainly not these days. Do they get that many more decisions in their favour? Whereas in your example there probably is a huge difference in numbers.
How many times have manure suffered from the following this season:
- Two footed challenges against their player where the assailant gets a yellow instead of red
- red card for their player when it's barely even a foul
- opponents goal allowed to stand despite being yards offside
- their star player being banned retrospectively just ahead of a key match, after the ref (who was looking straight at it) claims to have "not seen" the incident.
- Obvious red card for obstruction not awarded against their closest competitor
- Opponent blatantly uses elbow or kicks out, not sent off

I can count at least a dozen such critical incidents in their favour or against us.

How many can you count the other way round?

This is most naive thing I've ever read. They have to be reasonably subtle about it or they would soon get called out.

How would you do it? I would look to stop breakaways after a foul by not playing advantage when we were attacking but not for the other team. I would deny penalties safe in the knowledge that they would not be debated on TV but not for the other team. I would not flag for offside even when there is clear daylight between players but not for the other team. I would book players for two footed reckless tackles, safe in the knowledge that it cannot be looked at due to a law the FA refuse to changes, but send off players from the other team.

I would offer penalties when the game is already won and start referring fairly once my influence ons the game had ended due to the scoreline. That's how I would do it. That's how Mason, Taylor, Clattenburg etc operate. And it's bent, there is an agenda and the whole thing stinks of Scudamore needing a strong United for his product.
You misunderstood me - and expressed much better the exact point I was trying to make, ie you cannot argue there isn't an issue just because the odd decision goes against them.
Of course they can't give every single thing in their favour, and stating that must be the case for bias to be proved is just naive.

You misunderstood me - and expressed much better the exact point I was trying to make, ie you cannot argue there isn't an issue just because the odd decision goes against them.
Of course they can't give every single thing in their favour, and stating that must be the case for bias to be proved is just naive.

Oh I get you, sorry for the misunderstanding. Let's see what Mr Oliver comes up with on Friday.

How many times have manure suffered from the following this season:
- Two footed challenges against their player where the assailant gets a yellow instead of red
- red card for their player when it's barely even a foul
- opponents goal allowed to stand despite being yards offside
- their star player being banned retrospectively just ahead of a key match, after the ref (who was looking straight at it) claims to have "not seen" the incident.
- Obvious red card for obstruction not awarded against their closest competitor
- Opponent blatantly uses elbow or kicks out, not sent off

I can count at least a dozen such critical incidents in their favour or against us.

How many can you count the other way round?

To be fair they've had a fair few against them, we choose to ignore them the same way they've ignored everything that's gone for them and complained about bad refs against them. As fans we see what we want to see

Referee's will penalise a city player more easily than a player of another top team because they KNOW there will not be a media witch-hunt against them - whether the decision is right or wrong.
That Chelsea game would never have been reffed in that way if it was the Trafford lot playing. No fecking way.
We are hoisted up to be beaten and made an example of because no one is going to loop the video footage on our behalf.
That's the way it is, it's not going to change until popular public opinion sides with city. And that, my friends, is approximately 10 years of winning regular trophies away.

To be fair they've had a fair few against them, we choose to ignore them the same way they've ignored everything that's gone for them and complained about bad refs against them. As fans we see what we want to see
So tell me what you see, count out the number of times they gave actually suffered from such absurdly biased, wrong decisions going against them. I have given you actual, undeniable examples where the refs got it ridiculously "wrong" in their favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.