Referees/Officials

Do you believe that there is an active agenda to promote the rags then? Look at the decisions they have had in recent games, and frame it against the head of the Premier League actually saying last year that the brand of the premier league needs a rag resurgence.

No, I don't believe there's an agenda of any sort. Call me naïve, but bad refereeing decisions are part of the game.

Agreed. I would like to know who is remote controlling. Is it only the 4th official? Who was that yesterday by the way?

the 4th official was P Bankes.

the refs, linesmen and 4th official have been linked up with comms for at least 5 seasons, possibly more, and has been evident and not hidden from the off. However, i dont really know any of the rules or guidance (or if any have been published) about HOW the officials are allowed to advise or influence the ref.

i remember incidents throughout the seasons where refs have taken advice from liners to give pens or cards and so Mason's communications arent that out of the ordinary in that context. However why they still dont release these comms, for their own protection if nothing else, is beyond me. This was being called for by Poll and others seasons ago.

Suprisingly BBC or Sky havent shown the incident on Silva towards the end in the box where he stayed down. Has anyone seen it and was it a foul? Looked it from 115 and the contempt shown by Mason after that to Silva was a disgrace. No mention either of the multiple fouls that should of been yellows that he just let go and one baltant one i thought by Hendrick who had already been booked.
Yes. Where I sit in the stadium we have the commentators sat in front with their TVs and it was a clear foul.

No, I don't believe there's an agenda of any sort. Call me naïve, but bad refereeing decisions are part of the game.
I salute your faith. Personally I think it outrageous and shameful. We have seen it before when we won the league against the plan, do you remember all those late penalties they were getting? The officials can influence results and it is obvious it is happening. I am the most vociferously anti-conspiracy poster on BM bar none, but this is happening and it is ruining the sport. I suppose that given the money involved and the global nature of the brand, it would be naive to think otherwise.

No way was Mason miced up to someone who was watching the match through a TV/monitor yesterday
If he was, do you really think Sagna would have only received a yellow!

An agenda does not need to operate at 100% efficiency all the time in order to exist, even bloody thirsty dictators patted children on the head and stroked dogs. Agendas can be shambolic inefficient little bastards and sometimes some f***er doesn't get the memo and gives us a fair crack of the whip in the media and on the pitch, but it is always there and despite the occasional glitch factory setting resumes most of the time.

Attend and watch every home game thanks. Just because I've seen some bad decisions go our way doesn't mean I buy into all of the paranoid crap spewed on this forum....I've seen plenty of decisions go our way too. Anyone would think you've never seen any other game apart from a City one. Bad decisions happen all the time and believe it or not they're not reserved for us in some elaborate attempt from footballing officials to undermine us.

When have I said that city are the only team on the end of bad decisions? I'm a football fan and its my opinion that certain refs are ruining games on a weekly basis throughout the Country in all divisions.

And just because you seem to have a superiority complex and a holier than now opinion of yourself doesn't mean that the 'paranoid crap is wrong'

When have I said that city are the only team on the end of bad decisions? I'm a football fan and its my opinion that certain refs are ruining games on a weekly basis throughout the Country in all divisions.

And just because you seem to have a superiority complex and a holier than now opinion of yourself doesn't mean that the 'paranoid crap is wrong'

Ah right, sorry, didn't realise having an opinion means I have a superiority complex. By the same statement it doesn't mean the 'paranoid crap is right' either. I would suggest your statement reflects your opinion of your own comments.

Do you believe that there is an active agenda to promote the rags then? Look at the decisions they have had in recent games, and frame it against the head of the Premier League actually saying last year that the brand of the premier league needs a rag resurgence.

The rags are being bigged up for a top four finish, I don't think anyone would dispute that, in order for that to happen one of the present top four will have to fall by the wayside, no prizes for guessing who the media favourite for that would be.

At the end of this season the top four could be Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd!!! The return of the top four!! That would give Scudamore and assorted hacks the first really stiffy they've had in years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.