Referees/Officials

DT now calling Dean's Rag largesse aka Wiiiiiist Hiiiim sending off a 'mistake'. Not read the article so can't say whether they say it was an 'honest' mistake. Wonder why Dean didn't put his hand to his earpiece instead of his codpiece and seek fourth official advice. Wonder why it's the Rags from the contenders who get an hour versus ten?
Because the game is bent is the correct answer

That fucker should be fired instantly and never allowed near a pitch again.

Is it the same wanker who allowed that Spurs full back a good three yards of daylight last season. Anyone who gets a yard plus offside wrong would be out of the door. And before the goal is awarded it should be replayed. Offside is the easiest thing in the entire laws of the game that would be seen as correct or incorrect. Wonder why it's taking so long to implement some kind of video trialling?

Just watched the game again and the challenge from Fernadinho, from an angle I haven't seen before Mason is clearly seen trying to push his earpiece in his ear, what is he listening to? It's his decision and clearly he is making up his mind as the Burnley players surround him when he starts to listen in his left ear and then makes his decision. Now why is this? Was the same with Taylor at the Luiz challenge on Aguero waiting till he heard advice from his assistants, now a theory is that by waiting few seconds there is the opportunity for another official to view an incident again and relay another opinion.
All conspiracy but is very questionable and would be interesting to get an answer as to who and why they are doing it.

The solution to the referee problem, is a few more meat and potato pies landed on the head; the new tunnel should provide ample opportunity.

Just watched the game again and the challenge from Fernadinho, from an angle I haven't seen before Mason is clearly seen trying to push his earpiece in his ear, what is he listening to? It's his decision and clearly he is making up his mind as the Burnley players surround him when he starts to listen in his left ear and then makes his decision. Now why is this? Was the same with Taylor at the Luiz challenge on Aguero waiting till he heard advice from his assistants, now a theory is that by waiting few seconds there is the opportunity for another official to view an incident again and relay another opinion.
All conspiracy but is very questionable and would be interesting to get an answer as to who and why they are doing it.
Refs are miked up to the Assistants/Linesmen and they will be giving him their two pennyworth on what they've seen or chosen to not have seen.
Doesn't mean that the 4th official isn't doing the same, even though they are only meant to check studs, hold up the raffle number board, etc.

Premier League is Corrupt.

For my sins, I've seen the last few United games and the West Ham one aside, it's not as if they've not had decisions go against them either. There is a bit of selective viewing here, with some of our own challenges too.

The standard of refereeing over the last few days has been shocking but I still believe that is down to incompetence and potentially a small amount of unconscious bias rather than anything overtly corrupt.

I read an article a few years ago about the Italian match fixing scandal and the main way that refs influence the game is by decisions on 50/50s in the middle of the pitch and use of the advantage rule, and it is around ensuring overall control is kept by one team. It wasn't ever something as blatant as a dodgy red card or penalty that was outside the realms of interpretation as that would be too scrutinised post the event.

There's been a few games where I thought that could be a possibility. I tend to err more on the side of incompetence though and the difficulty of interpretation nowadays, particularly with red card offences.
Then you should, like myself, be very concerned about Lee Mason's performance in the Burnley game:
Blowing the whistle LATE for the foul on a City player when Navas was through on goal was scandalous.
As was continually allowing Burnley players to leave something on City players after the ball was gone, allowing Burnley players to use City players as step ladders for getting to balls in the air and a definite bias in letting Burnley hard-tackles go but declaring City ones as fouls.
Classic referee match fixing tactics.

With that game in particular, I am concerned, yes, and don't think he should have been refereeing in the first place.

The Burnley management and coaches surround the fourth official and put pressure on him for both Ferdy's incident and the Sagna kick-out in fact Pep had words with Dyrce after the Sagna incident about them trying to pressure the fourth official.

Fuck Off. It was a fair challenge and never a foul.

Not surprised you're going with Jose's version.

And fwiw, learn the rules, a penalty there isn't a sending off either.

A foul in that part of the box can never be a red card? What nonsense. The type of challenge had a bearing on the colour of a card too.
So only Jose and rag fans thought it was? NO-ONE else at all? Right, ok....

And my point was that if there's an agenda against City, it would have been given. Wasn't arguing whether it was or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.