Reform UK Party Limited Company

I am like you and have been advocating PR for years and years, It may be tougher, politicians may have to work a bit harder (bless 'em).

I fully recognise the risks involved and we could end up with Italian style politics where you never get a majority.... but think about this;#: Labour could and probably will end up with a landslide majority of 200+ seats meaning they will be able to herd their sheep into doing anything.... yet they will around only 45% of the public vote... does that seem correct?
It isn’t right and I’ve long supported PR and coalition politics but then people voting for a right wing racist isn’t a good advert for PR.

It isn’t right and I’ve long supported PR and coalition politics but then people voting for a right wing racist isn’t a good advert for PR.
We can't just think PR is a good idea if people only vote the way we like. We should have enough confidence in our democracy that we don't worry about reform or whoever getting a few seats - it's not like they'll be running the country

Last edited:
We can't just think PT is a good idea if people only vote the way we like. We should have enough confidence in our democracy that we don't worry about reform or whoever getting a few seats - it's not like they'll be running the country
I know that’s true, but it’s quite possible for a group like reform or a left wing version get a hand on the steering wheel by getting into a coalition with a bigger party.

I am like you and have been advocating PR for years and years, It may be tougher, politicians may have to work a bit harder (bless 'em).

I fully recognise the risks involved and we could end up with Italian style politics where you never get a majority.... but think about this;#: Labour could and probably will end up with a landslide majority of 200+ seats meaning they will be able to herd their sheep into doing anything.... yet they will around only 45% of the public vote... does that seem correct?
It was ok for the Tory party though wasn’t it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.