Reform UK Party Limited Company

currently there is a twitter fight between Farage and Johnson about who first blamed the Russian invasion of Ukraine on Ukraine and not Putin .......... this election is the most mental one ever - hoping for a period of steady as she goes Politics please
I think we need to be careful (wether it's Johnson, Corby, farage or whoever) that we separate saying something caused Putin to act as he has in Russia from saying it justified it. Expansion of the EU, NATO, the Eurovision song contest or whatever may have been a factor, but I don't think anyone has actually said it was a justification or has made what Putin has done 'right'? A small and perhaps pedantic point, but interesting to see how these things are spun as support for Russia.

I think we need to be careful (wether it's Johnson, Corby, farage or whoever) that we separate saying something caused Putin to act as he has in Russia from saying it justified it. Expansion of the EU, NATO, the Eurovision song contest or whatever may have been a factor, but I don't think anyone has actually said it was a justification or has made what Putin has done 'right'? A small and perhaps pedantic point, but interesting to see how these things are spun as support for Russia.
Farage's argument is that whatever Putin has done we must still work with Russia and to a degree that is arguably true because we are hurting ourselves. We should always try to work with Russia but at the moment we can't accept what Putin has done and that's what Farage does not understand.

It's important to make the distinction that Russia did not invade Ukraine, Putin did. It also happened in 2014 and not in 2022, this has been a 10 year war which continued to occur whilst Trump was in power (and he did nothing). I feel sorry for Russians who have been caught up in this. They never wanted this war but they had no choice because unfortunately they have a gangster in charge who kills anybody that disagrees.

People like Farage or Trump are not interested in Russia, they like Putin. They value shows of nationalistic and isolationist strength and Putin has put across that false image for many years. If they valued Russia above Putin then they'd realise that Russia is suffering at the hands of Putin.

I'm hopeful that one day Russia will be liberated, it should be a fantastic and important European country connecting east with west like Turkey has become but for many years it has suffered to the extremes at the hands of its own politicians and political ideologies.

I can only see it getting worse and unfortunately that's where we have to put ourselves and the defence of ourselves and our allies first. Farage must understand this and he couldn't be more wrong if he doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.