Reform UK Party Limited Company

ive never said its all bang on the money, all parties claim allsorts and it all costs money which ultimately us as taxpayers have to pay for it
the scrapping of the interest the bank of england pay on qe reserves is interesting
but my point is its not a one policy party that was disingenuous
I don't think it is. I think the point is that they are a one-policy party, and the fact that the rest of the manifesto looks like it's been transferred from the back of Nigel Farage's beer mat after a long night of drinking reveals that fact. What do you expect them to do? Release a manifesto with just one issue in it? They have to at least give the impression that they've got a range of policies, but it's clear that some of them have been thought about far more and other are the token "well, we've got to say something about education/health/student loans" policies.

I don't think so. The Lib Dems certainly not. They have a certain amount of credibility and you'd expect if they somehow got elected as a majority, they'd actually be able to deliver a most of their manifesto because it's actually costed. The Greens are a bit more of a one-issue party, but they are generally ideologically consistent across a range of issues as a left-wing party. They fall roughly where you'd expect them to on most issues. There's nothing intrinsically environmental about a wealth tax, for example, but it's not remotely surprising to find the Greens being the first party to support it.
i agree with you
libs and the greens although have no real chance of power currently have accepted manifestos
there is no reason to think reform are any different albeit they have a strong leading policy

If you were to be in a hospital in Australia for example you may bump into an expat working there, how do they do it?what is this witchcraft? In fact how does the whole world outside the EU cope without open borders.
30% of people in Australia were born overseas. Seems pretty open to me.

I don't think it is. I think the point is that they are a one-policy party, and the fact that the rest of the manifesto looks like it's been transferred from the back of Nigel Farage's beer mat after a long night of drinking reveals that fact. What do you expect them to do? Release a manifesto with just one issue in it? They have to at least give the impression that they've got a range of policies, but it's clear that some of them have been thought about far more and other are the token "well, we've got to say something about education/health/student loans" policies.
thats your opinion
whether they are credible or not are open to debate and i agree some may well be after thoughts
but its 28 pages long and there is some credible to my mind plans
scrapping hs2 is a no brainer as is the interest the bank of interest pays on qe reserves

whether they are credible or not are open to debate and i agree some may well be after thoughts
The point is that it's not a matter of opinion, it's basic maths. If I raise 20 billion from a particular tax, for example, and I decide to abolish the tax, then I know that it's going to cost me 20 billion. Now there can be a bit of uncertainty about the exact amounts, because these things fluctuate year-to-year, but generally speaking, you know how much a policy will cost. And that's why credible parties explain how they are going to pay for things, and populist parties don't even both addressing it because they clearly haven't done the maths and don't care to do it, because it would show their plans are untenable. Diane Abbott was crucified for not knowing the cost of extra police officers in a TV interview. Reform are Diane Abbott on crack.

The point is that it's not a matter of opinion, it's basic maths. If I raise 20 billion from a particular tax, for example, and I decide to abolish the tax, then I know that it's going to cost me 20 billion. Now there can be a bit of uncertainty about the exact amounts, because these things fluctuate year-to-year, but generally speaking, you know how much a policy will cost. And that's why credible parties explain how they are going to pay for things, and populist parties don't even both addressing it because they clearly haven't done the maths and don't care to do it, because it would show their plans are untenable. Diane Abbott was crucified for not knowing the cost of extra police officers in a TV interview. Reform are Diane Abbott on crack.
i agree thats why i said afterthoughts, maybe when they don't get so populist then they may have to cost their populist policies

i agree thats why i said afterthoughts, maybe when they don't get so populist then they may have to cost their populist policies
Perhaps. I think it'll be really interesting to see what happens when they actually start voting on things. For example, if Labour say they're going to remove interest on student loans, will the Reform MPs actually vote for the thing they put in their manifesto?

Perhaps. I think it'll be really interesting to see what happens when they actually start voting on things. For example, if Labour say they're going to remove interest on student loans, will the Reform MPs actually vote for the thing they put in their manifesto?
No they won't. They won't turn up half the time and will only vote when they have the opportunity to vote against anything significant that Labour put forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.