Reform UK Party Limited Company

Most people are aware of their failing but they shouldn't be punished for it. I'm overweight but then I work 8hrs a day sat at a computer so arguably it's partially not my fault. It's hard to get 10,000 steps in when you finish at 6pm, need to cook food and then have an hour or two spare time, it's impossible when we're having a summer like we have!

Should we ban office jobs? Of course not and that'd be mad but nowadays that's a huge contributor to obesity. COVID made it worse because people now work from home where they don't go on walks to get out of the office and they eat worse etc.

Education is the only way to fix these things but the NHS will always have to treat people regardless. On legislation your 'choices' shouldn't affect others which is why smoking has effectively been banned.
I generally can't belive what I just read. If that's the attitude of people we will never sort the NHS back log out.

That’s all very well but you also need a big slice of luck. Some people aren’t lucky. I got about 3o thorns in my hand that started my immune system off fighting the toxins, inflamed my synovial fluid sacks between every joint and inflamed my lungs. Was put on 50 mg of steroids for 3 and a half years ended up with steroid induced diabetes, narcosis of the hips and pulmonary fibrosis But thanks for generalising.
Yeh that's very unlucky. But 1 in 4 adults in the uk are obese costing the NHS 6.5 billion a year only going to get worse. I am saying we need to start looking after ourselves better rather then blaming the government for the downfall of the system.

What do you expect us to do? Open a dialogue with cultists?

Yes. Literally yes, that's what politics IS.

Politics is where two or more factions sit down together with their different views, then have a frank exchange of ideas on how to address an issue, leading to a consensus decision that nobody thinks is great but everybody thinks is something they can vote for.

Reform and their ilk have been getting millions of votes now for a decade or more. You can't just ignore a massive part of the population because you are painting with broadstrokes that "just don't like em innit". Or you can but you can't claim to be a democrat or even unbigoted if you're doing that.

I generally can't belive what I just read. If that's the attitude of people we will never sort the NHS back log out.

You're shocked that people prioritise their financial health over their physical health?

Listen I like working out too but I like paying my mortgage and parenting my kids more.

Yes. Literally yes, that's what politics IS.

Politics is where two or more factions sit down together with their different views, then have a frank exchange of ideas on how to address an issue, leading to a consensus decision that nobody thinks is great but everybody thinks is something they can vote for.

Reform and their ilk have been getting millions of votes now for a decade or more. You can't just ignore a massive part of the population because you are painting with broadstrokes that "just don't like em innit". Or you can but you can't claim to be a democrat or even unbigoted if you're doing that.

What on earth are you talking about? - People can vote for whatever they like and if they vote for something that some people don't like then they're going to judge them for it, that's human nature.

No mate, politics and democracy is going out and voting for your local MP and then whoever gets the most MPs forms government. They have five reps in Parliament to platform them, and they'll be dismissed as big mouthed one issue morons and probably go on about how unfair FPTP is before not turning up at all.

You sound a bit like Neville Chamberlain honestly, why the fuck would I appease these cunts? As someone else stated on an earlier post, this iteration of Nige's circus has less votes than they did in 2015.

Nobody is ignoring the Reform voters, we all take them rather seriously, but these people do not want anything other than all borders closed, send everyone back where they came from (to die) unless they can use a stethoscope because they're useful to us then.

People who knowingly vote for racist rhetoric and dog whistles are probably worse than the knuckledraggers who do vote for them with racism in mind. Least one is being genuine.

Er, how is it not democratic? Did I say they can't vote? Can't have these abhorrent ideals? No. Nobody is stopping them. Doesn't make them immune to massive criticism.

Being bigoted against bigots? Sounds like an oxymoron to me. Call me what you want, you're either with them or sitting on the fence playing devils advocate, but don't fucking call me undemocratic. They have their MPs, they have their votes, lets see how they do. Hell, lets see if they even turn up after six months.

Whilst we're at it, lets take the opinions of Britain First, the EDL, The Proud Boys, The KKK, The Jan 6th Rioters on board as well. We need to open a dialogue, guys!
Unfortunately if they get the votes you have to do just that. Unless a party/organisation is actually banned/proscribed as a terrorist group etc (remember we do have a mechanism for that) then I'm afraid democracy is democracy.
Banning things just because you don't like them is something else - something racists and bigots probably share your views on.

You're shocked that people prioritise their financial health over their physical health?

Listen I like working out too but I like paying my mortgage and parenting my kids more.
Yes I am shocked you have to find time for both. Your health is more important than anything else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.