Regrouping of singers within the stadium

mekonmcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mekonmcfc said:
i'm 45 and i dont know any of my mates that dont have either twitter or facebook or internet access !! i think you're telling a porky there...

I'd make you wrong on this, mate. Loads of people don't follow City via social media or the internet. They might have internet access somewhere in their lives but they won't know anything about 1894 Group and won't ever hear about this idea. A few tweets or a thread on here is a drop in the ocean in the scheme of things.

I bet you the percentage of match going City fans who are aware of this idea right now is less than 2 or 3%.

Get flyers and a website up and that could be multiplied ten or twenty fold for minimal costs. That's why most big brands invest fifty times as much cash on TV and magazine type visual adverstising.

and i bet the majority of fans couldnt give a shit about the 1894 group. its a small minority that are doing some good work. But most really dont give a shit about all the razzamataz and want to sit and watch and enjoy the game,

I will take your bet - mate. You seem to be the one in the minority. - and you do a lot of shitting !!

Bluep*ss said:
mekonmcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'd make you wrong on this, mate. Loads of people don't follow City via social media or the internet. They might have internet access somewhere in their lives but they won't know anything about 1894 Group and won't ever hear about this idea. A few tweets or a thread on here is a drop in the ocean in the scheme of things.

I bet you the percentage of match going City fans who are aware of this idea right now is less than 2 or 3%.

Get flyers and a website up and that could be multiplied ten or twenty fold for minimal costs. That's why most big brands invest fifty times as much cash on TV and magazine type visual adverstising.

and i bet the majority of fans couldnt give a shit about the 1894 group. its a small minority that are doing some good work. But most really dont give a shit about all the razzamataz and want to sit and watch and enjoy the game,

I will take your bet - mate. You seem to be the one in the minority. - and you do a lot of shitting !!

you think out of 47,000 people more than 23,500 want to stand up the game ??? you're deluded

mekonmcfc said:
Just because they might not appeal to you or your mates, doesn't mean its not relevant. Match day atmosphere is a key ingredient to football, and ours at home isn't great the majority of the time, so why not get behind the idea, and, if you don't want to, then why not just leave out commenting at all ? Its a good idea, and one which many support, even if they don't necessarily want to move their seats.

cleavers said:
mekonmcfc said:
Just because they might not appeal to you or your mates, doesn't mean its not relevant. Match day atmosphere is a key ingredient to football, and ours at home isn't great the majority of the time, so why not get behind the idea, and, if you don't want to, then why not just leave out commenting at all ? Its a good idea, and one which many support, even if they don't necessarily want to move their seats.

its a forum where anyone can reply, i love atmosphere and singing and the ticker tape... but i dont want to stand its simple

mekonmcfc said:
cleavers said:
mekonmcfc said:

its a forum where anyone can reply, i love atmosphere and singing and the ticker tape... but i dont want to stand its simple
Then stay where you are and don't get involved. Also this has nothing to do with standing, its about getting those who want to sing together, even if its only 4 or 5,000, its better than right now.

mekonmcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mekonmcfc said:
i'm 45 and i dont know any of my mates that dont have either twitter or facebook or internet access !! i think you're telling a porky there...

I totally agree. But this isn't about the majority, it's about the minority who want to sing and improve the atmosphere, and ensuring they are aware of this. Your post is totally irrelevant and a little bizarre. You just seem to be throwing darts for the sake of it.

And I'm someone who certainly doesn't want anyone standing or waving flags in front of me.

cleavers said:
mekonmcfc said:
cleavers said:

Then stay where you are and don't get involved. Also this has nothing to do with standing, its about getting those who want to sing together, even if its only 4 or 5,000, its better than right now.

That's the thing though isn't it Cleavers. With 750 extra standing places in blocks 114 and 115, that then free's up 750 seats elsewhere in the stadium, where fans can then sit and watch he match in peace and quiet.

It isn't rocket science, but some forum members on here are always hell bent on arguing the toss about certain topics/subject.(not you)

If people take time to think about it, it's a win situation for all concerned.

jrb said:
cleavers said:
mekonmcfc said:

That's the thing though isn't it Cleavers. With 750 extra standing places in blocks 114 and 115, that then free's up 750 seats elsewhere in the stadium, where fans can hen sit and watch he match in peace and quiet.

It isn't rocket science, but some forum members on here are always hell bent on arguing the toss about certain topics/subject.(not you)

If this can be pushed hard enough to get many of those in that corner area behind the goal, as you say, the club potentially have some seats they can up the ante on a bit too. They aren't brilliant seats but there's a small semi-corporate area not far from there. Less confict too in the crossover area between the singers/standers and the sitters.

South stand = singing = atmosphere = standing. Everyone can be abundantly clear. And finally a group will be able to raise a song louder or as loud as the 3000 away fans. I am totally convinced that ONE singing area will make the rest of the ground join in more.

Didsbury Dave said:
South stand = singing = atmosphere = standing. Everyone can be abundantly clear. And finally a group will be able to raise a song louder or as loud as the 3000 away fans. I am totally convinced that ONE singing area will make the rest of the ground join in more.
I think you're right, and with the new stand we have the chance to make the away section more fragmented, and our singers more organised, why anyone see's a problem with that is beyond me.

Creating this area is not going to affect anyone who isn't interested in being part of it, and talk of having it "down the side" or a new "kippax" is never going to happen, so either we embrace this idea, or we carry on as we are, with people moaning after every flat game.

Its not just 1894 group, its also the official supporters club who are backing it, nobody is being forced to join in.

Didsbury Dave said:
jrb said:
cleavers said:

That's the thing though isn't it Cleavers. With 750 extra standing places in blocks 114 and 115, that then free's up 750 seats elsewhere in the stadium, where fans can hen sit and watch he match in peace and quiet.

If this can be pushed hard enough to get many of those in that corner area behind the goal, as you say, the club potentially have some seats they can up the ante on a bit too. They aren't brilliant seats but there's a small semi-corporate area not far from there. Less confict too in the crossover area between the singers/standers and the sitters.

Spot on Dave.

I said the same things months ago. It's possible that the club are looking at moving the singers from at least block 109, so that returns to a seated block.

Saying that, I hope blocks 110 and 111 remain standing and singing blocks. We need singers either side of the remaining away block in the lower tier. Not only that, Blocks 114, 115, and blocks 110, 111, could bounce off each other.(for want of a better word) The noises and songs will travel further between those blocks, as there will only be 1 away block separating both singing sections.

I can see both singing sections really upping the anti to out sing each other in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.