Regrouping of singers within the stadium

jrb said:
I said the same things months ago. It's possible that the club are looking at moving the singers from at least block 109, so that returns to a seated block.

Saying that, I hope blocks 110 and 111 remain standing and singing blocks. We need singers either side of the remaining away block in the lower tier. Not only that, Blocks 114, 115, and blocks 110, 111, could bounce off each other.(for want of a better word) The noises and songs will travel further between those blocks, as there will only be 1 away block separating both singing sections.

I can see both singing sections really upping the anti to out sing each other in the future.
I think the singers need to be together, otherwise, as we now have, there will be small groups either side, singing different songs, even if it is only one block apart.

cleavers said:
jrb said:
I said the same things months ago. It's possible that the club are looking at moving the singers from at least block 109, so that returns to a seated block.

Saying that, I hope blocks 110 and 111 remain standing and singing blocks. We need singers either side of the remaining away block in the lower tier. Not only that, Blocks 114, 115, and blocks 110, 111, could bounce off each other.(for want of a better word) The noises and songs will travel further between those blocks, as there will only be 1 away block separating both singing sections.

I can see both singing sections really upping the anti to out sing each other in the future.
I think the singers need to be together, otherwise, as we now have, there will be small groups either side, singing different songs, even if it is only one block apart.

So do I. The ground needs one voice, not two. That's the problem. And that voice needs to "spread" once it starts up. The new stand can facilitate that.

cleavers said:
jrb said:

Having stood and sang on both sides of the away fans, the Kippax side is the side which the away fans focus on most. That because you face them at an angle, so you end up interacting with them more. It's just human nature. In the South stands it's different because you are side on to them, so there isn't as much interaction.

It's just my opinion, but we definitely need to keep at least 110 and 111 as singing blocks. I'm hoping blocks 114 and 115 are filled with fans from other parts of the ground who want to stand and sing. And the majority of fans who are in blocks 110 and 111 stay there.

With only 1away block separating the singing sections next season, I'm sure there will be a lot more unity when songs are sung.

mekonmcfc said:
i'm 45 and i dont know any of my mates that dont have either twitter or facebook or internet access !! i think you're telling a porky there...
You'd be surprised mate. I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account, i only ever look at Twitter 59 minutes before kick off to see the team line up and i never look at Facebook ever. I have about four or five mates who are the same and we're aged between 28-32.

Right I'm confused after reading through bits of this. So is the idea to move singers/peaopl who like to stand from 111 area to the other side of the away fans with the south stand? Thus making it a much bigger, unified singing section?

mancityblue2014 said:
Right I'm confused after reading through bits of this. So is the idea to move singers/peaopl who like to stand from 111 area to the other side of the away fans with the south stand? Thus making it a much bigger, unified singing section?
no

squirtyflower said:
mancityblue2014 said:
no
So what's the plan then?

mancityblue2014 said:
squirtyflower said:
mancityblue2014 said:
no
So what's the plan then?
I believe that the club are discussing with supporter groups the possibility of having two new blocks, 114 and 115 being made available specifically for a singing section.
The groups would like to know who would be interested in this
if so it could create a larger singing section behind the goal with a smaller away section

Could they not just move the away fans into the corner flag area which connects the south stand to the CB stand

At least that way you would have the singing section from 110 - 111 and all the South stand lot side by side

chris85mcfc said:
Could they not just move the away fans into the corner flag area which connects the south stand to the CB stand

At least that way you would have the singing section from 110 - 111 and all the South stand lot side by side

That would be my thinking too. Everyone grouped together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.