Regrouping of singers within the stadium

wearethesouthstand said:
Just for DD and others awareness of 1894 is very high. Apathy is very high too. Finances wise all our current money is earmarked. We had some big displays already this year v liverpool utd spurs palace etc. Just spent remainder on the arsenal display.

We handed out 5000 cards last season home and away with our website on. Didnt translate into hits on the website though. Social media and word of mouth does work. 8k on twitter 3.2k on facebook. We put out a statement on facebook before the bayern game about the joint protest. Loads of shares. 58k views. Sheikh mansour went to spain video filmed at norwich 26k views

We can get messages out via mcfc website mcfc twitter and have used the MEN a number of times. We will use mediums like this on this occasion too. Flyers, like cards we produce often just end up on the floor.

Pointless talking about position of away fans thats where they will be. So lets work with it.

People in 111 dont have to move. They can if they want to but having singers in 115 means 111 and 115 can hear each other and join in the same song.

There is appetite within the club to get this sorted so no need for hysterics or any blue on blue arguments. We feed initial interest into the club end of jan but already a lot of interest that it obvious.

Club themselves will outline how fans interested in this can make the move and they will outline this mid feb.

Cup games..plan is to load away fans from the top downwards so level 1 would be kept together for City. Aways to go level 3 in cup games and if its a 15% following some in level 2 too.

I understand your points fella. I suppose the 'push' im referring to is based saved for when the decision is made. I'm just concerned that as it stands the message isn't being spread wide enough and you might not get enough interest to get the club to go with it. This issue is much more resonance than displays or protests and in my opinion targeted flyers will cost next to nothing. If you want funding help drop me a PM.

If they do a huge push is needed, by everyone, to get as many singers as possible into that area.

chris85mcfc said:
Could they not just move the away fans into the corner flag area which connects the south stand to the CB stand

At least that way you would have the singing section from 110 - 111 and all the South stand lot side by side

but thatwould mean you displace a whole section of fans who have sat/stood there since the move? like happened with the family stand which now sometimes has small pockets of empty seats and people moved scattered about seperated from people they sat near for years. I have an old guy sits next to me (been going for 50+ years) in 120 who was moved from the north stand to accomodate the family stand and for the money he can afford had only the optioon of where he sits, he misses nearly 60% of the game because people stand up, but never complains, Second year into moving me , my , brother, father and a mate all moved from the east stand because of cost to 120, why should we 4 or that old guy move again, we are building a third tier with no ties to any supporter, shift the aways up their like most other teams do, or if you want them near the singing section swap109-111 like for like so no one is seperated from thise they are with nowwith the, maybe would encourage the east stand to become more vocal and stir the south stand back to life

I thought this said swingers at first. Got quite excited. Good luck!

just wanted to say how grateful those of us who aren't regulars are to the 1894 group (& allies). When I get to a match, I defn want there to be an atmosphere - so don't assume all of us part timers who pick up scraps from mates and the ticket exchange are the same as those who seem to want to take selfies all the time.
I can't volunteer to move to my non-existant season ticket to the singing block. But I'll continue to make the odd donation to the group in support of what they're doing and in the hope that its successful

worsleyweb said:
I thought this said swingers at first. Got quite excited. Good luck!

No mate that stays where it is in the boxes, they dont sing anyhow just moan :-)

All ways of awareness for block 115 can help, social media, word of mouth, supporters clubs, flyers could be worth a try lets see... If we got the word round for 25,000 to do the poznan at wembley against the rags surely 115 will spread well..

Manchester33 said:
chris85mcfc said:
Could they not just move the away fans into the corner flag area which connects the south stand to the CB stand

At least that way you would have the singing section from 110 - 111 and all the South stand lot side by side

Moving the away fans anywhere other than where they are now isn't going to happen, even if the club wanted too, GMP get the last say and they won't allow it because of the coach park - they would have to use different turnstiles to enter the ground and the police won't allow that. I think it's better how it's going to be, the away fans will be half as loud but still present something for home fans to bounce off and have banter with.

Definitely agree, it's essential to leave some away support where it is, to gain a positive reaction from our vocal sections. While at same time, splitting the away allocation over three levels, will have a negative effect on their contribution to the atmosphere and also allow our vocal sections to grow in numbers and become close enough together to operate as one unit. Seems like a win win situation.

Kepp 110 and 111 as they are. If we break up those blocks ( the only ones that sing) then the atmosphere will be worse. Id agree with the points above hand out flyers and at the ground as a large portion of people dont use twitter or blumoon and have no idea about this idea. If we keep the blocks we already have now and then add 114 and 115 as singing blocks it should improve the atmosphere.

Btw if people go in the block for "banter" with the away fans or to just stand there then there is no point. YOU GO IN THE BLOCK YOU HAVE TO SING !!!!! :). 1894 group need to tell people this. We need the right people to be part of it and sing no matter what.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Kepp 110 and 111 as they are. If we break up those blocks ( the only ones that sing) then the atmosphere will be worse. Id agree with the points above hand out flyers and at the ground as a large portion of people dont use twitter or blumoon and have no idea about this idea. If we keep the blocks we already have now and then add 114 and 115 as singing blocks it should improve the atmosphere.

Btw if people go in the block for "banter" with the away fans or to just stand there then there is no point. YOU GO IN THE BLOCK YOU HAVE TO SING !!!!! :). 1894 group need to tell people this. We need the right people to be part of it and sing no matter what.

Was just going to make that point. Sick of seeing the word "banter" to be honest and it's appearered again. Singing Section. I would prefer away fans out of the way on L3 but I suspect more people would move to be nearer to them than will move to the SS for a singing section. I hope City/1894 look at the opt out idea rather than opt in.

wearethesouthstand said:
Just for DD and others awareness of 1894 is very high. Apathy is very high too. Finances wise all our current money is earmarked. We had some big displays already this year v liverpool utd spurs palace etc. Just spent remainder on the arsenal display.

We handed out 5000 cards last season home and away with our website on. Didnt translate into hits on the website though. Social media and word of mouth does work. 8k on twitter 3.2k on facebook. We put out a statement on facebook before the bayern game about the joint protest. Loads of shares. 58k views. Sheikh mansour went to spain video filmed at norwich 26k views

We can get messages out via mcfc website mcfc twitter and have used the MEN a number of times. We will use mediums like this on this occasion too. Flyers, like cards we produce often just end up on the floor.

Pointless talking about position of away fans thats where they will be. So lets work with it.

People in 111 dont have to move. They can if they want to but having singers in 115 means 111 and 115 can hear each other and join in the same song.

There is appetite within the club to get this sorted so no need for hysterics or any blue on blue arguments. We feed initial interest into the club end of jan but already a lot of interest that it obvious.

Club themselves will outline how fans interested in this can make the move and they will outline this mid feb.

Cup games..plan is to load away fans from the top downwards so level 1 would be kept together for City. Aways to go level 3 in cup games and if its a 15% following some in level 2 too.
At least that's something. The away fans are in the wrong place in our ground and the fact that a supposed vocal section (you'd be mistaken into thinking it wasn't one recently) are moved for cup games to accommodate more away fans in the wrong place is fucking barmy. It's been the same for years going back to Maine Road when the North Stand had to move for away cup attendances. Plain stupid!

So if it is the case that Level 1 will be left alone as it will be with just a small section of away fans at 113-114 and home fans remaining where they always are regardless of competition - that is a good thing!

I Dont think the penny has dropped for everyone .what the lads are suggesting is the only plan on the table .nothing else is going to happen .this is last chance saloon to get some thing sorted once & for all .Well done all who have been at the for front on the campaign .it not easy dealing with various factions at the club .so ifyou want it to happen please get behind them & join in there campaign

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.