Religion

no thanks. I have no time for religion, that said I hold nothing against those that practice it peacefully and without hitherto us.
I hate any religion that uses its power to inflict death and misery on other human beings. The Bhuddists in Burma (Myanmar) are doing just that.
If I spoke of teaching of peace I’d pretty much get told to fuck off and stop being a hippy Anyhow, I think he was talking about Buddhists rather than taoists. And you won’t want to but if you read a little bit of the Tao te Ching, you might discover it’s not exactly in the tone of hate and slaughter and power tripping. That’s maybe more the domain of egocentrism etc

If I spoke of teaching of peace I’d pretty much get told to fuck off and stop being a hippy Anyhow, I think he was talking about Buddhists rather than taoists. And you won’t want to but if you read a little bit of the Tao te Ching, you might discover it’s not exactly in the tone of hate and slaughter and power tripping. That’s maybe more the domain of egocentrism etc
But I am nor looking for religion, taoist or any other kind. I was stating I despise those religions that murder people. Bhuddism being one.

You are saying that it has not been implied, at the very least, that a belief in religion is in direct conflict with the truth of science? Fair enough. It was written with a smile not for some great debate. Enjoy your evening.
In other words, you don't have any evidence that people on this thread have ever stated that religion is bad because it's anti-science. I thought so.

At most, people have criticised that any religious doctrine that continues to promote outdated, inaccurate and incorrect ideologies (Earth being 6,000 years old, humanity derived from Adam and Eve etc) then that can be considered 'bad' because it's promoting inaccuracies that can be harmful, especially if there are those who believe in religious doctrine so ignorantly that it disadvantages others.

In other words, you don't have any evidence that people on this thread have ever stated that religion is bad because it's anti-science. I thought so.

At most, people have criticised that any religious doctrine that continues to promote outdated, inaccurate and incorrect ideologies (Earth being 6,000 years old, humanity derived from Adam and Eve etc) then that can be considered 'bad' because it's promoting inaccuracies that can be harmful, especially if there are those who believe in religious doctrine so ignorantly that it disadvantages others.
I think we have crossed wires. And if you want to have a conversation, great. If you just want to tell me I have to do this or that, then, quite simply, no. Same as with religion.

Last edited:
But I am nor looking for religion, taoist or any other kind. I was stating I despise those religions that murder people. Bhuddism being one.
Murdering people is a tenet of buddhism? Not sure I can agree with that. Malignant egocentrics may find a way to justify murder with buddhist teachings? Seems you may have a point but that doesn’t necessarily equate to them being correct in their justification. In my eyes at least. And enjoy life without religion - great, go for it.

I think we have crossed wires. And if you want to have a conversation, great. If you just want to tell me I have to do this or that, then, quite simply, no. Same as with religion.
I'm not telling you to do or think anything.

You claimed that people on this thread have stated that religion is bad because it's anti-science. I just called you out on it.

I'm not telling you to do or think anything.

You claimed that people on this thread have stated that religion is bad because it's anti-science. I just called you out on it.
You are saying that there aren’t? Don’t really feel the need to go trawling back through the thread. If you really believe differently, then fine, I can accept that this is your viewpoint. Feels more like a distraction than something essential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.