Religion

For a minute I thought you meant alcohol ;)

Then again booze does cause plenty of problems and many deaths, pissed up fights in Town & City centres on Friday nights, many a life has been ruined and even lost

Anyway I found this list of wars where Religion wasnt the cause.

• War in Iraq 2
  • War in Afghanistan
  • African wars in the Congo (DRC)
  • Genocide in Rwanda
  • War in Iraq 1
  • Iraq/Iran war
  • All those civil wars in Latin America in the 70s and 80s
  • Civil war / genocide in Cambodia
  • China-Vietnam war
  • USA/France-Vietnam war
  • Korean war
  • Chinese civil war(s)
  • World War 2
  • Japanese invasion of China
  • Russian revolution (and related wars)
  • World War 1
  • Scramble for Africa
  • Franco-Prussian war
  • Crimean war
  • Taiping rebellion (Chinese civil war — although the main protagonist had crazy religious visions)
  • US Civil War
  • War of 1812 (and all the US wars of that time)
  • Opium wars
  • Napoleonic wars
  • Wars of the French revolution
  • Prussia’s wars of expansion (Silesia, etc. — Friedrich the Great)
  • Ottomans’ wars of expansion
  • Aztecs’ wars of expansion
  • Wars of the Roses
  • Ghenghis Khan’s invasions (and those of his descendants)
  • 100-year war
  • Viking ‘raids’
  • An Lushan ‘Rebellion’
  • Nomadic tribes’ wars against Rome, China, Central Asia
  • Roman wars of expansion and extermination
  • Asoka’s (and others’) wars of domination on the Indian subcontinent (though Asoka apparently had a religion inspired change of mind about all this killing)
  • Alexander the Great’s campaigns (although he started to think of himself as a God)
  • Chinese warring states period(s)
  • Persian-Greek war (although the Persians did have some religious justifications)
  • Egyptian wars and wars of Mesopotamian states (covering several thousand years with the proviso that Gods went hand in hand with all this)
I would argue that some of those conflicts listed above were about religion.

Afghanistan is a war about Muslim views of the western world.

World wars were about a guy who wanted to wipe out a race altogether.

Yes they weren't one religion against another like City v United, but religion played a part.

I would argue that some of those conflicts listed above were about religion.

Afghanistan is a war about Muslim views of the western world.

World wars were about a guy who wanted to wipe out a race altogether.

Yes they weren't one religion against another like City v United, but religion played a part.

Just because warring factions followed some form of religion, doesn't mean the wars were themselves religious in nature. Nationalism is also a culprit for a large number of wars.

Yeah I’d certainly not be modifying my behaviour to appease someone’s religious belief in a licensed pub.

Just hope the god botherers were eating kosher.
Some might say the whole point of the new testament was to suggest that bothering God is kind of impossible. Like 'he' gives a fuck whether you have a pint or two or ten? 'He' still loves because that is the nature of 'his' being. In this sense it might be suggested that the old testament was more like a promise/threat that if you were a miserable enough twat when alive, then you might get to be happy after you die - thus to enjoy a pint whilst alive would be utter blasphemy and assure you a place in the hell of a, erm ,miserable twatdom after you die. Genius

It’s doesnt really (although Tennessee is still technically dry iirc). It does have dry counties, however. In fact the Jack Daniels distillery is located in one such county, believe it or not.

My lad and his mate were invited to Little Rock Arkansas by a friend who was on a golf scholarship. He didnt tell him it was dry. They had to drive someway to find a bar in another county. Bastard`s

Most 'god botherers' would be quite tolerant of other people's views and personal beliefs. Some people are very quick to criticise, yet they themselves display a level of prejudice and intolerance.

Every made up pile of Bronze Age shit holy book is bursting at the seams with intolerance, genocide and promotion and endorsement of human slavery. Each sect has its own interpretation and all are intolerant of others who don’t see it their way.

They all are a cancer on any society that wants tolerance. Every single one. I always quote the absolute horrors contained within their books to any of them who start to pull the, that offends my beliefs card.

Everybody should. They think they should get a bye because of their delusions. They shouldn’t. Each book is a litany of hâte for those not of their sect. Even Jeezy Peezy endorses slavery. Told us to love him and he would love us back. But if we didn’t, then we would burn in hell for eternity.

Imagine you had a daughter and she came home and told you her new boyfriend loved her that much, that if she stopped loving him, he would burn her alive? That’s Jesus and he’s supposed to be the good guy.

Don’t give these bastards an inch. Don’t let their mental illness intrude on your life and take every opportunity to expose the hate and intolerance in every holy book ever written.

Then tell them to fuck off and keep it to themselves. A few doozies from the bible that’s show what an abomination of a book it is.

Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Their god is a psychopath, tell them that and watch their deluded faces picture you burning in hell.

They might think they are moral people. Following any of the books clearly contradicts any morality I want to see.

For it is written.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.