Religion

don't they have dry places in Scotland, im sure my old friends mum and dad lived in a dry area,as for religion each to their own.

The Wee Free’s Presbyterian are our version of the psychos. They hate everything, totally bigoted and full of hate. They abhor the drink, sex, homosexuality, catholics, Muslims, in fact every other **** not in their cult.

They’re a right laugh.

I aint eatin nothin that aint got enough sense enough to disregard its own faeces.

The Wee Free’s Presbyterian are our version of the psychos. They hate everything, totally bigoted and full of hate. They abhor the drink, sex, homosexuality, catholics, Muslims, in fact every other **** not in their cult.

They’re a right laugh.
They are indeed a right laugh, thanks for the 300,000 you lot sent over here.

Lancaster County, where the Amish live, is dry. Did manage to find a crate of Stella in a beer shop 20 odd miles away though. Was a nice evening, sitting on a porch, in a rocking chair, in Intercourse, supping from a bottle whilst the Amish drove their carriages down the main street.

Was in Idaho in August and due to the Mormon nature of the place drinking beer is frowned upon. There was a liquor store and 1 pub in Preston, where I was based. They also sold beer in the local supermarkets but it was buried in the far corner in a special room. My Uncle and Auntie are both Mormon and were quite happy to let me drink in their house until a few of their friends came round for dinner. I was asked politely not to drink when they were about. Their house, their rules so i went along with it. Funny lot the Mormons. The lady in the liquor store said they still come in her store but via the back door. Double standards. Went to a rodeo which was dry. A little weird. You could also buy wine from the garage.

Other parts of Idaho, specifically where @idahoblues lives, has bars a plenty. It's still a Mormon area though.

My Uncle has a lot of weird ideas. The world is only 4000 years old. Dinosaurs and Man existed at the same time. Dragons existed as well. Jesus visited the US in his lifetime, all of the UK are of Jewish decent, the Arc of the Covenant is buried in a facility in Northern Ireland but the British government won't let anyone see it...it goes on and on.

Whilst travelling around Yellowstone Park he would see a sign saying "Yellowstone has had native Americans living in it for over 11000 years" and point out how wrong it was, even to the park rangers who looked quite bemused. The same thing happened in Craters of the Moon. Absolute belief in his and the Mormons stance about the world being 4000 years old.

We went to their church on one Sunday, just to see what was what. very very different. No crosses for one. Men take the main jobs as women don't understand/ or know the finer details about the religion and so are expected to do the family stuff, bringing up kids, looking after the home etc etc. My missus bit her tongue a few times. Still, they had a great ethic about looking after their neighbours/ friends etc. When my uncle moved to the area 20 people turned up to help them move in. A nice touch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.