Religion

I live near a church and my observations are that there aren't many more folk out there as selfish as a church-goer in need of a parking spot on a Sunday morning. Quite a lot of them drive brand new Range Rovers and then obviously go and pray for all the poor people.

Pointless element of life in my opinion.

I live near a church and my observations are that there aren't many more folk out there as selfish as a church-goer in need of a parking spot on a Sunday morning. Quite a lot of them drive brand new Range Rovers and then obviously go and pray for all the poor people.

Pointless element of life in my opinion.
They’re often arseholes all week, throw a £20 in the basket, and believe all their arseholery is forgiven because they literally paid their dues!

You are slightly mistaken. The tactic of saying that you will go too hell is pretty modern.

What the peaceful religions of Christianity and Islam used to do is conquer, pillage, discriminatory tax, rape and convert by the sword. It is no wonder it has slowed down when people actually have a choice and say.
A choice, a say, and some education.

As someone who has refound faith, it has been amazing the strenght of prayer on a regular basis. I ve stripped all negative energies away from me and the experience is amazing. It is going nowhere. It is very real you just have to seek God.
Or you could study human psychology and gather an understanding of how the human mind works. Your life is very much shaped on what happened to you in your first five years on this planet and even if you remember very little of it, it becomes ingrained in you and is bloody difficult to change your behaviour. If you want to spend your time in following a faith, and if it works for you then continue with it. Just don't think it's the only way to happily get through life because it isn't.

Qur'an doesn't mention about flying on a winged horse, that comes from hadith literature. Not denying that I believe the incident by the way.
Thanks for clarifying, and who can blame you for believing it? Eminently plausible that god created a one-off flying horse/donkey to transport the guy around for a short while. In fact even as I type it, it sounds even more realistic/plausible.

Don’t get me wrong, if I’d been around and god had asked my opinion at the time, I’d have said something along the lines of…”seems like a lot of effort mate, have you considered just giving the guy wings instead or maybe just make him float…rather than putting wings on a horse/donkey combo that he then has to ride?”

I mean what if he’d fallen off…he’d probably die and then god would have to get back to his favourite resurrection trick and delay things by a few days.

Thought provoking stuff this religion lark!!

Notice how the churches closed during Convid ?
There’s being religious and there’s believing in what’s right and what’s evil and wrong,the last 3 years confirmed it all to us all

Notice how the churches closed during Convid ?
There’s being religious and there’s believing in what’s right and what’s evil and wrong,the last 3 years confirmed it all to us all
‘Convid’?

Are you still on that trip? Fucking hell fella, move on to your next conspiracy theory.

Why is the creator of the whole Universe so petty, that without a single shred of evidence he exists, will burn people forever for not believing? Don’t you think that type of spite is a human trait? A god that allows over 10,000 other gods to be worshiped throughout time? Your religion is only 1700 years old. Humans have been here for nearly 250,000 years. What about Neanderthals? The other four human species that went extinct? What about all the people who came before the Quran? They burning in hell too?

If he existed and wrote a book, or three, why does an omnipotent god need three books? Are you trying to tell me such a being could create the universe, but couldn’t put in an appearance and tell the whole world he’s the guy? Forgot how he made the universe? That the earth isn’t the centre of the universe. Forgot we went around the sun. Said stars would fall to earth in the final days, obviously forgot they are stars much bigger than they look from earth? It’s utter bullshit. It’s man made up. There is also so much evil in all of those books. Kill this, kill that, take slaves, take sex slaves, kill disobedient children. Kill all who don’t believe.,

If that god is actually real, he’s a very vindictive, evil being. And all three books writing in the same area? How convenient.

These books are about control. If they tell you you will burn forever if you don’t believe, it frightens people. Especially uneducated people. That’s why fundamentalists don’t want you getting educated. It is a threat to their bullshit. If in 2023 you actually believe in Adam and Eve started humanity you are deluding yourself to refute fact for faith. How can that be right when all he needs to do is appear all over the world and say, here I am and this is what I want you to do?

Why not do that? It’s because he doesn’t exist. Or does he just love to keep you hanging? You are an atheist to 3,499 other gods being worshipped right now.

Why don’t you believe in them? Think about that and hopefully realise that’s why I don’t believe in yours.
You’re going straight to hell, for that one boy!

Why is the creator of the whole Universe so petty, that without a single shred of evidence he exists, will burn people forever for not believing? Don’t you think that type of spite is a human trait? A god that allows over 10,000 other gods to be worshiped throughout time? Your religion is only 1700 years old. Humans have been here for nearly 250,000 years. What about Neanderthals? The other four human species that went extinct? What about all the people who came before the Quran? They burning in hell too?

If he existed and wrote a book, or three, why does an omnipotent god need three books? Are you trying to tell me such a being could create the universe, but couldn’t put in an appearance and tell the whole world he’s the guy? Forgot how he made the universe? That the earth isn’t the centre of the universe. Forgot we went around the sun. Said stars would fall to earth in the final days, obviously forgot they are stars much bigger than they look from earth? It’s utter bullshit. It’s man made up. There is also so much evil in all of those books. Kill this, kill that, take slaves, take sex slaves, kill disobedient children. Kill all who don’t believe.,

If that god is actually real, he’s a very vindictive, evil being. And all three books writing in the same area? How convenient.

These books are about control. If they tell you you will burn forever if you don’t believe, it frightens people. Especially uneducated people. That’s why fundamentalists don’t want you getting educated. It is a threat to their bullshit. If in 2023 you actually believe in Adam and Eve started humanity you are deluding yourself to refute fact for faith. How can that be right when all he needs to do is appear all over the world and say, here I am and this is what I want you to do?

Why not do that? It’s because he doesn’t exist. Or does he just love to keep you hanging? You are an atheist to 3,499 other gods being worshipped right now.

Why don’t you believe in them? Think about that and hopefully realise that’s why I don’t believe in yours.
A lo god did smote the leg of the unbeliever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.