Relocating The Away Fans: Your Preferred Choice

ChicagoBlue said:
mancityvstoke said:
The "one end" thing was shyte and if the away fans are shifted upstairs say goodbye to any kind of atmosphere.

There is no atmosphere at most games already...don't make it even worse.

I say leave them where they are and also get rid of the segregation (showsec)

Fun days...loads of atmosphere.

blocks A thru Z? eh?

You're not going to believe this, but there is no year 201X either!!

Was it too difficult to understand that I was giving the Club license to use whatever blocks they needed? WTF?!

Oh, I forgot....school holidays!!

bought a new handbag? Leave the away fans issue to those who go to games as the blocks you mention don't exist.

oh and it's LICENCE! See I did go to school.

Re: Away fans location/get it right first time

Caveman said:
Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:
The corner that isn't seen by the cameras too. So not over in 111, but on the other side. My idea was from the away dug-out to the corner flag. We get one end, we get to still be near them, we're in prime spot for the cameras and they're not.

No thank you, NOT from the away dug out to the corner flag because not only would they take up prime places, but the access to and from the concourse would be a nightmare. (And yes I am being a NIMBY as my seat is on the front row just to the right of the away dug out, but I am also thinking of access in and out)
At all the other big grounds (Old Trafford, Emirates, St James' and SoL) away fans walk out of the stand and mix with the home fans immediately. Fans of either team can walk in any direction they want and it works fine at those grounds. Coach parks can be a fair walk or even just in the ofher side ofthe ground and it doesn't cause an issue. There's hardly any trouble outside grounds at all these days.

I understand your point about prime seats but it's the seats we're given at Villa and I do think it's positive propaganda to have all home fans in view of the cameras, especially the main vocal end that stands up so you see them going mad when we score.

You'e brought up a very good point. As far as I'm aware City are the only club who have those type of security barriers outside the ground keeping home and away fans apart after the game. Compare and contest. All the away grounds I''ve been to allow both sets of fans to mix freely after the final whistle, and as a rule there is no or very little trouble. Even at OT City fans walk through United fans to get to their coaches.

So who is enforcing those barriers? Are the club doing it voluntarily, or are GMP forcing the club to use them?

Perhaps I'm being over sensitive about a minor issue, but it irks me that this set up is being used at City for no obvious or continuing reason, while at all other PL grounds fans are allowed to exit and mix freely after the final whistle.

In my opinion it doesn't looked good, it's not needed, and it sends out the wrong message to visiting fans. I dread to think what measures will be put in place if the away fans are moved to East Level 3.

PS.I stand corrected, but I think those barriers(?) were brought in after the trouble with United a few years back.

Caveman said:
Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:
The corner that isn't seen by the cameras too. So not over in 111, but on the other side. My idea was from the away dug-out to the corner flag. We get one end, we get to still be near them, we're in prime spot for the cameras and they're not.

No thank you, NOT from the away dug out to the corner flag because not only would they take up prime places, but the access to and from the concourse would be a nightmare. (And yes I am being a NIMBY as my seat is on the front row just to the right of the away dug out, but I am also thinking of access in and out)
At all the other big grounds (Old Trafford, Emirates, St James' and SoL) away fans walk out of the stand and mix with the home fans immediately. Fans of either team can walk in any direction they want and it works fine at those grounds. Coach parks can be a fair walk or even just in the ofher side ofthe ground and it doesn't cause an issue. There's hardly any trouble outside grounds at all these days.

I understand your point about prime seats but it's the seats we're given at Villa and I do think it's positive propaganda to have all home fans in view of the cameras, especially the main vocal end that stands up so you see them going mad when we score.

You'e brought up a very good point. As far as I'm aware City are the only club who have those type of security barriers outside the ground keeping home and away fans apart after the game. Compare and contest. All the away grounds I''ve been to allow both sets of fans to mix freely after the final whistle, and as a rule there is no or very little touble. Even at OT City fans walk through United fans to get to their coaches.

So who is enforcing those barriers? Are the club doing it voluntarily, or are GMP forcing the club to use them?

Perhaps I'm being over sensitive about a minor issue, but it irks me that this set up is being used at City for no obvious or continuing reason, while at all other PL grounds, fans are allowed to exit and mix freely after the final whistle.

In my opinion it doesn't looked good, it's not needed, and it sends out the wrong message to visiting fans. I dread to think what measures will be out in place if the away fans are moved to East Level 3.

PS.I stand corrected, but I think those barriers(?) were brought in after the trouble with United a few years back. nj

jrb said:
Caveman said:
Eccles Blue said:

You'e brought up a very good point. As far as I'm aware City are the only club who have those type of security barriers outside the ground keeping home and away fans apart after the game. Compare and contest. All the away grounds I''ve been to allow both sets of fans to mix freely after the final whistle, and as a rule there is no or very little touble. Even at OT City fans walk through United fans to get to their coaches.

Perhaps I'm being over sensitive about a minor issue, but it irks me that this set up is being used at City for no obvious or continuing reason, while at all other PL grounds, fans are allowed to exit and mix freely after the final whistle.

In my opinion it doesn't looked good, it's not needed, and it sends out the wrong message to visiting fans. I dread to think what measures will be out in place if the away fans are moved to East Level 3.

PS.I stand corrected, but I think those barriers(?) were brought in after the trouble with United a few years back. nj
Yeah, maybe thats right, can't quite remember.

The thing I don't get, is; when you reach the road both sets of fans are free to mix there anyway. I just don't see the point in them at all.

Caveman said:
jrb said:
Caveman said:

Yeah, maybe thats right, can't quite remember.

The thing I don't get, is; when you reach the road both sets of fans are free to mix there anyway. I just don't see the point in them at all.

A number of them will have arrived by coach so won't make the road

jrb said:
Caveman said:
Eccles Blue said:

You'e brought up a very good point. As far as I'm aware City are the only club who have those type of security barriers outside the ground keeping home and away fans apart after the game. Compare and contest. All the away grounds I''ve been to allow both sets of fans to mix freely after the final whistle, and as a rule there is no or very little trouble. Even at OT City fans walk through United fans to get to their coaches.

Perhaps I'm being over sensitive about a minor issue, but it irks me that this set up is being used at City for no obvious or continuing reason, while at all other PL grounds fans are allowed to exit and mix freely after the final whistle.

In my opinion it doesn't looked good, it's not needed, and it sends out the wrong message to visiting fans. I dread to think what measures will be put in place if the away fans are moved to East Level 3.

PS.I stand corrected, but I think those barriers(?) were brought in after the trouble with United a few years back.
I brought this up with Peter Fletcher at Points of Blue a while ago and his (very unconvincing) answer was that away fans appreciated a "sterile zone" when coming out to their coaches. Utter nonsense in my opinion.

I'd move the away fans to North Stand Level 1.

InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
Moving the away fans to third tier would be catastrophic. The sets of fans feed of each other..the banter is good.

If people want to improve the atmosphere..go on the atmosphere forum for gods sake, give some ideas, and donate some money if you want to.

Banter these days seems to consist of abusing shall we say a larger member of the away support for a few minutes,and responding to the usual "where were you when you were shit" we seem to get these days.

The atmosphere would be much better if the other 85 mins were spent singing City songs rather than standing with arms folded in a show of anti-Showsec defiance.

Get the away fans up in the 3rd tier and turn the lower levels into a cauldron of intimidating Blue support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.