Relocating The Away Fans: Your Preferred Choice

Dunne's own goal said:
I'm not sure tbh. I think every option has pros & cons.

I'd love it if South Stand was all blue, full of singers & atmos but not quite sure what would happen to atmosphere if we moved them (no matter where that would be).

then again, if we moved them in a way I wouldn't want them to be moved to new 3rd tier as I'd rather give the option of cheaper tickets to blues. I know I'd be pissed off if I wanted to move to 3rd tier due to the £200 cheaper ST but all those seats would be sold off because away fans are located there!

that only leaves the ES 3rd as an option which would not please those blues who have their beloved seats in the are but that's my preferred option if away fans are moved.

So, either (1) keep them where they are or (3) move them to East Stand level three

^ this, and I reckon they should go to ES level 3

If you put them in East L3, you take out the end spiral, which then also effects L2 access. You can end up with the daft situation like when United were playing Ajax and we had about 150 Ajax at our game the night before up in Level 3. They blocked off the Level 2 spiral and toilet. Also you can not get the fans in & out without them crossing a large section of our support, it just will not work.

mancityvstoke said:
The "one end" thing was shyte and if the away fans are shifted upstairs say goodbye to any kind of atmosphere.

There is no atmosphere at most games already...don't make it even worse.

I say leave them where they are and also get rid of the segregation (showsec)

Fun days...loads of atmosphere.

blocks A thru Z? eh?

You're not going to believe this, but there is no year 201X either!!

Was it too difficult to understand that I was giving the Club license to use whatever blocks they needed? WTF?!

Oh, I forgot....school holidays!!

berryblue said:
Moving away fans to South Tier 3 would suit me but the Police may think there will be a problem with idiots chucking stuff down. A "Birdcage" as at Villareal may solve it.

I like this. The banter would be missing if they got moved up to level 3 of any stand.

Re: Away fans location/get it right first time

lazerblue said:
just stick the away fans in one of the corners, they should never have been given a prime spot behind the goal in the first place
The corner that isn't seen by the cameras too. So not over in 111, but on the other side. My idea was from the away dug-out to the corner flag. We get one end, we get to still be near them, we're in prime spot for the cameras and they're not.

Caveman said:
lazerblue said:
just stick the away fans in one of the corners, they should never have been given a prime spot behind the goal in the first place
The corner that isn't seen by the cameras too. So not over in 111, but on the other side. My idea was from the away dug-out to the corner flag. We get one end, we get to still be near them, we're in prime spot for the cameras and they're not.

No thank you, NOT from the away dug out to the corner flag because not only would they take up prime places, but the access to and from the concourse would be a nightmare. (And yes I am being a NIMBY as my seat is on the front row just to the right of the away dug out, but I am also thinking of access in and out)

Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:
lazerblue said:

No thank you, NOT from the away dug out to the corner flag because not only would they take up prime places, but the access to and from the concourse would be a nightmare. (And yes I am being a NIMBY as my seat is on the front row just to the right of the away dug out, but I am also thinking of access in and out)
At all the other big grounds (Old Trafford, Emirates, St James' and SoL) away fans walk out of the stand and mix with the home fans immediately. Fans of either team can walk in any direction they want and it works fine at those grounds. Coach parks can be a fair walk or even just in the ofher side ofthe ground and it doesn't cause an issue. There's hardly any trouble outside grounds at all these days.

I understand your point about prime seats but it's the seats we're given at Villa and I do think it's positive propaganda to have all home fans in view of the cameras, especially the main vocal end that stands up so you see them going mad when we score.

Keep the away fans where they are. Need them in the "lower bowl" to create an atmosphere.

I'd rather have no atmosphere than one that is mainly created by the away fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.