Relocation to 93:20

A large sports bar with 500 people. Seems odds having a sports bar at the ground, maybe to watch the golf or kabaddi whilst the match is going on as opposed to actually watching real live sport.

The relocation of (true) fans is part of the ongoing development to enhance the Etihad, with a new Sports Bar. That's how the club have informed us.
Enhance the Etihad to attract more plastic fans who have money, to pay X3 for your seats, who will also have first grab of any tickets to big games home and away, forget points for loyalty, these guys will have your tickets.

More hospitality seats, anyone would think we sell out every game and have a waiting list. Sort out your core fan base first, get them back in the ground and engaged. Don't forget your roots and where we have come from and who we are. We not the rags or dippers with thousands of people to take up the slack, we are a working class fan base who are being priced out of more and more games. Look at Wembley, the dippers sold out of their allocation and still had hundreds more who jibbed their way in. Their end looked like Wembley of old with the packed terraces. Compare that to our end yet the club want to move loyal fans to create a sports bar! FFS what is happening to the club.

Same happened to me when they kicked me out of CB1 B125 for the Tunnel Club a few years ago. Gave the same offer. I did 93.20 for one season and binned it off. Atmosphere wasn't good to say the least. Then what do you do after 3 seasons when you get turfed out again? I went for a Value Gold seat instead at £299 per season. I have been in CB3 Blocks 327 & 328 since. Great seats, great view and a very good set of vocal fans. I'm still pissed off the way the club unceremoniously kicked the fans out to build the Tunnel Club and maybe you feel the same. More long standing loyal match going fans being pitched out the seat they have held for 20 years just so they can charge more for 'hospitality' and plastics to attend the games (and they wonder why we have an 'atmosphere problem' in the stadium!). For what it's worth fella I'd get yourself a new permanent seat that you can afford or just do the Value Gold ticket each season. It's a total lottery where you get a seat but for £299 a season you really can't complain where it is situated in the ground.

The situation is that we are being moved like others before, but we are informed with 4 games to go to the end of the season, so very little notice, I believe last time they did this was after the South stand had been built, not certain, I knew this would happen but not until the North stand had been expanded. I have had my seat since we moved from Main Road, the club want £1750 + VAT, to stay, I am now semi retired so cannot afford that sum, also I only have one more season before I get OAP price, something which Joe`s does not accommodate, also the reduced price for 93:20 doesn't really accommodate. So the only choice we have is to move out. I have held a season ticket since 1974, 48 years, to say this tests your loyalty is an understatement, what a bad week after my trip to Wembley.
No matter how you try to dress this the club are not interested in the old hard core, but plastic fans with money, people who follow success and have little connection, I read all different comments about our fan base and atmosphere, but this is the direction of football, after this week I have never felt so disconnected from my Club who I have supported for 58 years.

I was in 209 when they came up with 93:20, we were fortunate though as we had the third tier of the South to relocate to. Still left a slightly bitter taste though. Your situation is awful and I feel for you and anyone else in the same position. City have again got his badly wrong, match day revenue plays such a small part in the overall turnover, that this is just unnecessary. Was this discussed with City matters?

Last edited:
The club must be looking at the new grounds like Spurs, Wembley and the Emirates and seen how the middile tiers are devoted to fans / tourists who pay a much higher price for seats and hospitality than the majority of fans who attend.

It won't be long before the whole of the 200 blocks of seats are corporate around the ground and I think it won't stop there with the centre sections of the Lower East Stand also converting to a Hospitality area at some point.

The legacy fans will be pushed towards CB3 and possibly a new North Stand 3rd tier, drinking slop from the piss poor selection of food and drink outlets and purely to provide atmosphere for the tourists with their bloody half and half scarves.

Won't be long before they start pumping in crowd effects as part of the match day experience. With the Superleague fiasco and the continual pricing out of normal fans, what is clear is that, apart from providing local ambiance for a game, we count for bugger all nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.