Remember these T shirts?

Haha, not seen him for 25 yrs+ but remember him appearing with his paper/card.
Completely off topic from OP but anyone else remember a guy who used to wear the old brown bus drivers suit and would go round pubs in town singing to people, think he was called Anthony? Around the same era as the 30p punk.
Brown Brian (yes he was black, yes you wouldn’t get away with it on the BBC but it helped differentiate him from the other Brians and it was what he was known by) worked on the buses and did the odd sing song in the Hare and Hounds . Wore brown GM bus suit. So, double Brown Brian ( like some fucking Mondays lyric) could be your man.

Brown Brian (yes he was black, yes you wouldn’t get away with it on the BBC but it helped differentiate him from the other Brians and it was what he was known by) worked on the buses and did the odd sing song in the Hare and Hounds . Wore brown GM bus suit. So, double Brown Brian ( like some fucking Mondays lyric) could be your man.
Sounds like the same guy, used to pop up around Seftons and Shambles Sq.....makes me feel old now

Coincidentally I was clearing out some drawers the other day & came across a shirt I bought the next home game after the 5-1. On the front is a big sky-blue bulldog throttling a tiny bare-arsed red devil with the caption : " Go ahead punk, make my day ". Used to love wearing that in the pub. Probably the same one as yours ?
Bill - please try to put a good picture of it on here. I’ve started about 3 threads on here over the past decade asking anyone if they had one to put a picture of it up.

The Venue was the bollocks. Best music by a mile. Dave Haslam always used to steadfastly refuse to play any Sniths on a Thursday night at the Hacienda Temperance Club slot cos he was too cool for that. Leo would always play loads inckudung tons of the rarely played stuff “Jeane” “miserable lie” etc etc. Some nights over 20 tracks. Loved it!
Seems I missed out on a Smiths bonanza!
Was an irregular on a Thursday at the Hacienda - never went to that rave shite at a weekend - and always recall at least one Smiths tune. Think I was refused entry more times than I got in thanks to the wanky bouncers

Bill - please try to put a good picture of it on here. I’ve started about 3 threads on here over the past decade asking anyone if they had one to put a picture of it up.

There you go - front & back :-)

Attachments

• IMAG0278.jpg
    IMAG0278.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMAG0279.jpg
    IMAG0279.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 51
There you go - front & back :-)
Wow, that takes me back.

It was my first derby. My Dad took me and I wanted the away shirt. He wouldn’t buy it for me because it was my 11th birthday just over a week later.

Instead, he bought me that t-shirt but instead of the 5-1 score line on the back, it had the 1989/90 away fixtures on (obviously because it was before the match).

The next week, before we played Luton, I got the maroon and white striped away shirt.

Thanks pal.

Wow, that takes me back.

It was my first derby. My Dad took me and I wanted the away shirt. He wouldn’t buy it for me because it was my 11th birthday just over a week later.

Instead, he bought me that t-shirt but instead of the 5-1 score line on the back, it had the 1989/90 away fixtures on (obviously because it was before the match).

The next week, before we played Luton, I got the maroon and white striped away shirt.

Thanks pal.

It's a pleasure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.