Remembering Colin Bell

So much has been said about Colin Bell, he was an outstanding player that came around once in a while, that match against Newcastle was incredible as to the reception he got when he came on, I was sat in the North Stand to one side of the nets near the main stand and not many men had dry eyes when he came on...........Colin Bell a truly gifted player who I got to see play...........

A brilliant and emotional day. Was willing him on throught that 2nd half, and he did not diappoint in anyway.

A tragedy that his career was ruined by the rag who caused is injury, and never admitted to any responsibilty , if I remember correctly.

A superb player wityh so much energy and skill, who carried the team on occasions.

1 of our managers at work is the nephew of the great man. Somehow the manager is a manure fan. Told me once that when he was a kid Colin would send him something City related every Xmas and birthday

Paul lake was my first hero, (could’ve become a legend) nowadays david silva, kdb, sergio, vinny, erling,the list goes on, we’re spoilt in that respect, but like i said earlier the king will always be number one in most blues eyes, those who seen him were so so lucky

I only saw Colin in the flesh a few times before his injury unfortunately. I was there on Boxing Day and it remains one of favourite Maine Road games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.