Remembering Colin Bell

Obviously today is the anniversary of Colin’s comeback game v Newcastle. To mark this I’ve posted the interview I did with him a few years back here:

It’s a free read, so enjoy. Also, on NYE my match programme article is, of course, about Colin the King and that comeback game. Cheers.

Also, on this day last year I posted this free article on Colin’s return game on this day in 1977:

Enjoy

Thanks for that Gary, two things I remember, not realising he was coming on, but hearing the noise, absolutely mental, secondly, and typical of Colin playing things down, when he says he was a passenger, certainly didn’t feel like that, if anything always felt the injury was a bit of a leveller for those around him, he was still as good as them, just had a limp.

Thanks for that Gary, two things I remember, not realising he was coming on, but hearing the noise, absolutely mental, secondly, and typical of Colin playing things down, when he says he was a passenger, certainly didn’t feel like that, if anything always felt the injury was a bit of a leveller for those around him, he was still as good as them, just had a limp.
It was an incredible day. I remember him getting up at one point during first half and the place erupted thinking he was coming on, then of course when he did come on it was incredible.

Missed out on this by 5 days, my first game being Villa on the NYE. That said as an 8 year old obsessed with Peter Barnes I doubt that I would have truly appreciated the significance of it.

It probably wasn't remarkable in those days but within a week he had completed a further 3 games, including 24 hours later at Boro.

Missed out on this by 5 days, my first game being Villa on the NYE. That said as an 8 year old obsessed with Peter Barnes I doubt that I would have truly appreciated the significance of it.

It probably wasn't remarkable in those days but within a week he had completed a further 3 games, including 24 hours later at Boro.
Yes, the Boro game gets a mention in my programme article in the NYE match programme. It meant a great deal to me when I wrote it the other week and I hope that comes across in the programme on Saturday. Glad you mentioned Barnes - we put a lot in his biography about Colin.

Colin was a player who could do everything and give 100%....effortlessly.

Two great feet....,could pass, shoot, tackle, head,attack, defend create.

Colin would probably have played until he was 40 but for the injury caused by fuckun Buckun !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.