Report that Guardiola plans to sell Silva [according to Twitter ITK]

its more realistic that Guardiola will adapt Silva into an Iniesta type of role when he comes, instead of the right winger that Pellegrini tried to make Silva into today.

How exactly Silva will adapt to that Iniesta type role? Can he match Iniesta's madman-like intense pressing? Nope. Nobody saw Xavi as the "greatest midfielder" until Iniesta came to prime. Though it is not much ridiculous than claiming that Silva plays a Messi type of role for Spain national team.

And for God's sake, stop comparing Silva to Iniesta and Xavi. This season and his average performances in Champions League are eye-openers that he is not in the same bracket as those two legends.

Last edited:
Much more useful than David today and in the last few games. Back on topic. Whats the problem ? A shadow of his former self.
If you don't know the answer to that then my original reply isn't too far off the mark.
Today wasn't even a bad performance, it was much improved even if still not at his very best.

I thought he played well today. Chance at the end wasn't that easy. Needs to play centrally and not on the wing.

Wow you are like a boring stalker. Bore off if you can't add any value to a discussion.
I'll bore off when I want to bore off mate. This is the first I even remember interacting with you, and judging by your posts it's not hard to see why.
If you want to tell me why you've chosen today to give him grief, after he was much improved from recent games then I'm all ears.

How exactly Silva will adapt to that Iniesta type role? Can he match Iniesta's madman-like intense pressing? Nope. Nobody saw Xavi as the "greatest midfielder" until Iniesta came to prime. Though it is not much ridiculous than claiming that Silva plays a Messi type of role for Spain national team.

thinking more on the central midfielder passer Iniesta role than the current off the front player role he plays now, think he has lost a bit of pace with age and will suit a slower but deep controlling role. Maybe i thinking of Xavi or Iniesta ... one that isnt a great ball winner in the middle, but can control the game in the middle, make the righ pass and orchestrates the team barca-esque

It wouldn't surprise me if this is true. Silva has been a great player, now he is 30, got a bad ankle and Pep likes players who work hard to win the ball back. Not sure at 30 year's old Silva can do that anymore.

Because he is very poor at the moment. I am wondering why. Do you have anything constructive to say about that or would you rather just hurl abuse at me for daring to ask the question because it makes you feel better about yourself ?
Hurling abuse. My, aren't you a precious flower. Believe me, having to respond the way I do doesn't make me feel bad about myself, it makes me feel bad that there's a section of City fans who have no sense of loyalty or patience to arguably our very best player in history.
So no, I'd rather not be doing it but needs must I'm afraid.
If you can give me your opinion on what's wrong with him at the moment I'm happy to listen.

thinking more on the central midfielder passer Iniesta role than the current off the front player role he plays now, think he has lost a bit of pace with age and will suit a slower but deep controlling role. Maybe i thinking of Xavi or Iniesta ... one that isnt a great ball winner in the middle, but can control the game in the middle, make the righ pass and orchestrates the team barca-esque

A role like Pirlo then. But as you said he has lost a bit of pace and on top of that accommodating him would mean other midfielders would have to share his burden of pressing. Unless Silva regain his Premier League form and start converting his League performances into Champions League matches, Pep will try to offload him.

And by the way, I am a cage fighter so if you want to sort it out man to man in a ring, j

The OP rightly referred to Silva and Aguero being two of the greatest players we have seen, but today they were both well off the pace of the game and I have to say at times seemed to lose interest. I really hope Pep comes in and brings them back to life.
Cage fighter eh? Sorry mate, will you forgive me?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.