Restoring the Death Penalty in Britain

Damocles said:
Everybody is complicating this issue.

The pro death penalty people have to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they want to kill people. They can justify this however they want; "they deserved it!", "but it will stop reoffending!", "but it will cost less!", etc, but at the end of the day, the very root of this issue is that they are comfortable with killing another human being.

You automatically lose. You've lost the same part of your humanity that you are punishing others for losing.

Not at all thats over simplifying it in the extreme.

We have all read stories about a baddun getting a short sentence coming out and killing some poor bugger. The kind of people who really do not care about killing another person or who see it as "business" or "respect".

I am not comfortable with it but for the greater good id accept it. I look in the mirror Damocles and see a decent person who would never purposely harm another unless in defence of my family a good friend or myself.

I'm not talking about humanity im talking about social justice and people taking responsibility for their actions. If you go out to kill another person, thats the person who loses their humanity not a socially concious person like you or me.

Wanting eye for eye justice is has never been associated with losing ones humanity.

@gordondaviesmoustache I think you may be right matey.

ernesto said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
ernesto said:
so you being a know it all, what do you know about anything, as for childish judgements i think you need to look a little closer to home ie yourself.

The ie yourself was a little superfluous tbh. I sort of got what you meant when you said look a little closer to home.
thats fine then

-- Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:46 am --

TCIB said:
There you go again :)

Your judging me from 4-5 sentences on the net. Obviously a man who likes to know facts before implying other peoples political and socal viewpoints.

So let me get this straight, because now we could erradicate false imprisonments for such a crime i should still be concerned with a killers rights as opposed to having feelings of greif for the people left alive but devastated by a crime such as murder.

This is what you imply here by foccusing on ifs and buts.

Carry on with your judgements of my point of view and that i must be a right wing extremist because i want order on our streets. I will carry on being dead center neither left nor right.

Justice it seems can now have the extremism flag stuck to it.

Just fyi i dont have a skinhead and i dont march down streets with racist idiots screaming "England for the English". Nor do i want Ken Clarke style judicial sentencing.

No point trying to explain to him the nuances of your political views, mate.

If someone disagreed with him about quantum physics (unlikely I know) he would accuse them of being right wing. It's his default setting.
and your default setting is thinking that if someone disagrees with you they are educationally underneath

That isn't restricted to people who disagree with me.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:53 am --<br /><br />
kronkonite said:
nuanced arguments are for fascists

Hahahahaha.
This sounds like the sort of thing Pol Pot would have said. Fucking priceless.

ernesto said:
The ie yourself was a little superfluous tbh. I sort of got what you meant when you said look a little closer to home.
thats fine then

No point trying to explain to him the nuances of your political views, mate.

If someone disagreed with him about quantum physics (unlikely I know) he would accuse them of being right wing. It's his default setting.
and your default setting is thinking that if someone disagrees with you they are educationally underneath

That isn't restricted to people who disagree with me.

-- Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:53 am --

kronkonite said:

Hahahahaha.
hahahaha thatcherite response

ernesto said:
ernesto said:
thats fine then

That isn't restricted to people who disagree with me.

-- Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:53 am --

kronkonite said:

Hahahahaha.
hahahaha thatcherite response

I lost count of the number of times she said 'fucking priceless'. It truly was her catchphrase.

TCIB said:
Not at all thats over simplifying it in the extreme.

No it isn't, it's removing all of the muddying and finding the heart of the issue. The heart of the issue is the punishment of removing a life. To do this, you want to remove somebody's life.

We have all read stories about a baddun getting a short sentence coming out and killing some poor bugger. The kind of people who really do not care about killing another person or who see it as "business" or "respect".

So what? This has nothing at all to do with the death penalty. If you are willing to sacrifice liberty for security, you deserve neither.

I am not comfortable with it but for the greater good id accept it. I look in the mirror Damocles and see a decent person who would never purposely harm another unless in defence of my family a good friend or myself.

I'm not talking about humanity im talking about social justice and people taking responsibility for their actions. If you go out to kill another person, thats the person who loses their humanity not a socially concious person like you or me.

No, WE lose our humanity because WE kill the murderer. We ARE the state, the State is us. Every single thing that every government does, we are all directly liable for. It's a government made from the people, elected by the people.

Wanting eye for eye justice is has never been associated with losing ones humanity.

An eye for an eye has been seen as a sadistic measure of social justice for 3000 years. It's revenge, not justice.

Damocles said:
Everybody is complicating this issue.

The pro death penalty people have to look themselves in the mirror and admit that they want to kill people. They can justify this however they want; "they deserved it!", "but it will stop reoffending!", "but it will cost less!", etc, but at the end of the day, the very root of this issue is that they are comfortable with killing another human being.

You automatically lose. You've lost the same part of your humanity that you are punishing others for losing.

With all respect what a stupid statement. I never want to here from them again (in multiple or horrendous killings). I really dont want to know if they are having a whale of a time or for that matter being fed dogshite for every meal. when you stop behaving human, you forgive the right foe humane treatment.

talkativesprout said:
With all respect what a stupid statement. I never want to here from them again (in multiple or horrendous killings). I really dont want to know if they are having a whale of a time or for that matter being fed dogshite for every meal. when you stop behaving human, you forgive the right foe humane treatment.

No, you don't. The whole point that we make about human rights is that they are inalienable. That's the entire argument against killing someone.

Honestly, do you guys not understand the MASSIVE hypocrisy in this? Can you just not see it?

Damocles said:
talkativesprout said:

No, you don't. The whole point that we make about human rights is that they are inalienable. That's the entire argument against killing someone.

Honestly, do you guys not understand the MASSIVE hypocrisy in this? Can you just not see it?

Do you disagree with the death penalty given to the nazis after the Nuremberg trials?

Lucky13 said:
Damocles said:
talkativesprout said:

Do you disagree with the death penalty given to the nazis after the Nuremberg trials?

Didn't you ask this question the other day?

LittleStan said:
Lucky13 said:
Damocles said:

Didn't you ask this question the other day?

Yes and you was the only one of the opposers who answered.

I see this thread went west late on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.