Retain title or win CL

The Premier League for me is important to show our dominance in England domestically if we win back to back Premierships.

However winning the Champions League would put us on the top table of World football and around the World people would see little ole Manchester City differently. The best of the best players would find us more attractive and fans from other clubs that don’t think we have ‘history’ will realise we are creating a new history and their shitty clubs are no longer part of it.

Win both! Why not? Pep and the boys have it in them.

Domestic league is more of a challenge this season so back to back PL titles would be my choice.

How times have changed 15 years ago this would have been an avoid relegation or win league cup and get relegated thread
But fourty years ago it’d be “League title or FA Cup?” as we’d just ran Liverpool close (by 1 point) to the title in 1977.

Not a pop at you this mate... but I get proper bored of hearing stuff like this. People (not necessarily you in your post by the way) act as though the club we were fifteen years ago was the club we’ve always been. But we’ve been a top flight club just four years less than United have and have been in the top flight the sixth highest number of years in the country, with only about 15 relegation fights in our 124 years which is only three more than United have been in.

some suggesting that the title is gone and we should play all our cards in the CL need to wake up. The season is only half way and for all Liverpool looking great they can still slip up - and if they dont then they will be worthy league champions

However there is still a long way to go..... and putting all our eggs in the CL would be stupid

We go for both

But fourty years ago it’d be “League title or FA Cup?” as we’d just ran Liverpool close (by 1 point) to the title in 1977.

Not a pop at you this mate... but I get proper bored of hearing stuff like this. People (not necessarily you in your post by the way) act as though the club we were fifteen years ago was the club we’ve always been. But we’ve been a top flight club just four years less than United have and have been in the top flight the sixth highest number of years in the country, with only about 15 relegation fights in our 124 years which is only three more than United have been in.
No offence taken my point although not well put is that we now have a number of fans who think we have a right to win something every season and if we dont there's a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.