Return of Supporters

Haha couldn't make it up.

Everyone should get an equal chance S/C holder or not as it's not fair but everyone can go to every game/has commitment elsewhere/money issues/work etc unless you've got more than 22k points. Seems that trying to please the top point earners and being fair to the members but shafting or certainly giving the shitty stick end to the majority of S/C holders is the way forward. Looking forward to the next Fans matter survey.

City need to be careful there's an awful lot of us, we've all had an inforced break from football, pissing 30-35k of your bread & butter fans isn't the smartest thing in the world.

Citymatters pushing any arguments away and blaming City, who are just as bad but the plan was originally CM inspired apparently which at least one of them seems pretty proud of...

I've 13k, would love to go if I get one great if not I'll record the game and play golf but every S/C holder minus pro rata corporates should all have an equal shot at a home game.

Last edited:
Everyone who pays for a season card should have an equal right to get a ticket loyalty points should not come into it,

As this arguement on LP starts every year points are awarded differently for different things so the arguement that someone on 22000 point automatically has been to more HOME games than someone on say 140000 doesn't add up if you take i to consoderation someone who 10 years ago may have both been on 9000 but in the last 10 yrs one has gone platinum while the other cannot afford it and one suddenly had to reduce away games for personal reason, both though loyally attend every home game, well this is a home game so both of these people should have an equal footing.

Platinum fucked up the loyalty point system years ago and the arguement someone on higher points automatically has been going longer isn't necessararly always true.

Last edited:
So loyalty points are being used for those above 22K points but not used for the rest of us. I wonder how many points the members of the influential group City Matters have..

It is like an away match with ticket numbers restricted to 10,000 so should be based on loyalty points. I shall enter the ballot, but disappointed that my 20K points count for nothing compared to a newbie.

I see that everyone attending has to wear a ridiculous, completely useless face nappy, so if I don't get a ticket, at least I'll be spared that hideous experience.
I agree with you about the loyalty points, this kind of situation is what they’re there for. This is like an allocation for an away cup tie at Old Trafford. That wouldn’t go to a ballot, everyone would rightly kick off about it if it did, so why should this go to a ballot?

But the face mask comment - what does it matter? Fucking hell, I’ve been wearing them since February 2020, most have been since last Summer. I have to wear them in work all day, and you don’t even notice it’s there when you wear one so much. I’m even thinking of carrying on wearing them on public transport and in shops after all this is over, because I’ve not even had one hint of a sniffle since I’ve been wearing a mask, never mind a cold or the flu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone who pays for a season card should have an equal right to get a ticket loyalty points should not come into it,

As this arguement on LP starts every year points are awarded differently for different things so the arguement that someone on 22000 point automatically has been to more HOME games than someone on say 140000 doesn't add up if you take i to consoderation someone who 10 years ago may have both been on 9000 but in the last 10 yrs one has gone platinum while the other cannot afford it and one suddenly had to reduce away games for personal reason, both though loyally attend every home game, well this is a home game so both should be these people shpupd have an equal footing.

Platinum fucked up the loyalty point system years ago and the arguement someone on higher points automatically has been going longer isn't necessararly always true.
That is true. Good point.

In complete contrast to what I’ve just said above… Look at my Grandad; started going to City games after WW2, stopped going around the time the Premier League started. Bet he’s been to more games than me but hasn’t got a single loyalty point. At 85 I bet he wished he could go to this game but because he hasn’t got a seasoncard he won’t be able to.

Do I have more right than him just because I’ve got a seasoncard or loyalty points?

This way is still definitely fairer than allowing foreign tour companies to get tickets for our big away games. So at least this will actually be City fans attending!

Last edited by a moderator:
The loyalty points system is a joke. It's no different the the super league. The rich just get richer and the poor have no chance. People with lots of points just continue to buy tickets for away game regardless of whether they can go or not, just to build their points. The number of tickets that get sold on here week in week out by the same members is ridiculous.

The sooner they scrap the points system the better. Ballot is the way forward

That is true. Good point.

In complete contrast to what I’ve just said above… Look at my Grandad; started going to City games after WW2, stopped going around the time the Premier League started. Bet he’s been to more games than me but hasn’t got a single loyalty point. At 85 I bet he wished he could go to this game but because he hasn’t got a seasoncard he won’t be able to.

Do I have more right than him just because I’ve got a seasoncard or loyalty points?

This way is still definitely fairer than allowing foreign tour companies to get tickets for our big away games. So at least this will actually be City fans attending!

I agree if any tickets are given to any sort of travel package then that would be very wrong

The loyalty points system is a joke. It's no different the the super league. The rich just get richer and the poor have no chance. People with lots of points just continue to buy tickets for away game regardless of whether they can go or not, just to build their points. The number of tickets that get sold on here week in week out by the same members is ridiculous.

The sooner they scrap the points system the better. Ballot is the way forward
Horseshit. Just FYI you don’t get points for away games anymore so that just isn’t true. And if you truly believe that members on here are consistently selling away tickets be sure to point them out and report them

Vast majority of most people's loyalty points come from home games. I go to every single home we play so I joined the cup schemes. I go to as many away games as my points allow through the season. I can't get a ticket for some away games because I haven't done enough over the years. I don't complain about it because there a people ahead of me that have earned it. Now I'm in a ballot with a lot of people who really just couldn't be arsed going to home games over the years.
I’m the same as you, I’ve been in every cup scheme since I’ve had my season card and go to every home game, always if and when I can with work etc at least 1 European away day each season. I wasn’t expecting to be guaranteed a ticket, however, I do feel like for this a full ballot for anyone who attended at least 25% of last seasons home games would have been the fairest way. My reasoning for this over points is simple I see the points system as the selection criteria for away games, this is a home game and we have many people who go to every home game and have for years and they all deserve an equal chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.