Return of Supporters

It's always been the same though mate if we think back. Unless we knew/know someone in the ticket office they haven't got a clue who we are and couldn't care less. I would guess they change staff often too, a lot of students used to work there part time I think.

I used to work at sea and when we were due to play Gillingham in the play off final they put the tickets on sale when I was away. I spent every spare minute trying to get through on the phone but I think they had it off the hook. You had to queue at the ground for a ticket, which I couldn't do obviously. I had loads of ticket stubs home and away and was on the list for phone purchases but it meant diddly squat. In spite of us having an average attendance of 28,000 and in the end getting 46,000 when I got home they had sold out. I think they went on open sale in the end. It was infuriating and once I got through to the club once all tickets had gone and tried to explain my predicament nobody gave a fuck. I was livid and luckily managed to get one off someone in the end. We have always just been a faceless number unfortunately.

I'm sorry for yourself and everyone who missed out this time.
I too had a similar experience getting tickets for the Gillingham match. Ended up paying £250 for a ticket off a tout, then, after the match, found my car had been towed away, costing another £276 to get it back. Thank goodness we won!

I took a day off work to call up for a ticket (didn’t get through til gone 2.00)
then another day off to drive up to Manchester (450 mile round trip) to queue for a ticket
happy days

My point is that you are pissed off at not getting a ticket.
fair enough.
but don’t dress it up as some wider loyalty points issue.
would you make the same post if you’d got one?
If you check my previous posts you will see ive posted a few comments about the unfair distribution of tickets once I knew it was to be a ballot.

I too had a similar experience getting tickets for the Gillingham match. Ended up paying £250 for a ticket off a tout, then, after the match, found my car had been towed away, costing another £276 to get it back. Thank goodness we won!

I was very lucky indeed. I got it off a decent Blue who knew somebody who couldn't go. I had to pay slightly over the odds as that's what they had bought it for but it wasn't a lot. I once paid £100 for the Blackburn promotion game and that was in the Blackburn end and £150 for the last game at Maine Road.

The loyalty points system seems to have lost it’s way.

I can understand the frustration of youngsters wanting to get on the ladder and finding it difficult

Initially only 10 points were awarded for away games. Then it became 20 if you signed up for platinum and then 40, before no points were awarded for away games due, I believe, because people were buying tickets just for the points.

Even though it is not in my interest, but, I would suggest, that a revolving 5 year process is introduced with 50 points awarded for each match, home or away, thereby weighting the points in favour of current attendance.

Also, home season tickets should only reward supporters with points if they’ve actually attended, ie swiped their card.

If you’ve got a high number of points you will still be ahead of the rest only if you keep attending. If not other City fans can quickly catch up..

I don’t want to see a return of this ballot ever again.

17K+ points averaged between me and my two sons but no ballot tickets.

Trying to look at this positively I conclude that:-
  • The Everton match is only a glorified friendly.
  • Aguero possibly won’t even play with his latest injury and maybe he will still have something to say in Porto.
  • £250 saved travelling up from Seaford can go towards the Porto trip
  • Pre planned title presentations (Huddersfield) are a damp squib compared to the ones v QPR, West Ham and Brighton.
  • I’ve already seen City close at hand at Wembley lift a trophy this season, so I can visualise how it will go, let alone every other trophy I’ve witnessed City winning for the past 45years..

• A realisation that my loyalty to City counts for nothing. It’s a one way love and City couldn’t care less about me. No longer should I feel guilty if I decide to miss a midweek Champions league group game. Simply, City see me as a Customer, no less important than I am to Amazon.com..
You come over a bit precious with your final paragraph.

You got to see the League Cup final and are off to Portugal and you are moaning about missing 'a glorified friendly'. So you are blaming City for not giving you a ticket.

I didn't have a chance to go to Wembley though the 'postcode lottery'. I have been to every League Cup final that City have been involved in starting in 1970 prior to this season.

I did get a ticket for the Everton match. Some you win, some you lose.

You come over a bit precious with your final paragraph.

You got to see the League Cup final and are off to Portugal and you are moaning about missing 'a glorified friendly'. So you are blaming City for not giving you a ticket.

I didn't have a chance to go to Wembley though the 'postcode lottery'. I have been to every League Cup final that City have been involved in starting in 1970 prior to this season.

I did get a ticket for the Everton match. Some you win, some you lose.
I didn’t understand the point of the postcode exclusion either for the Wembley match and sorry you couldnt get a ticket.

My point of mentioning that game was, I was there amongst the 1770 other City fans, whereby 230 tickets were not sold even though the points went down to Citizens. Seems like a few PCR tests and 250 miles to London was too much effort for most..

If you think I’m being precious then you miss my point. Having the Everton match, the only home match of the season, as a lottery, shows to me that loyalty is not recognised by City. We are all mere customers.

Can you still use the tokens cut out of programmes?
Never won the half time pools draw on the back should have known I wouldn't win the Everton lottery, out of interest anybody know who adjudicated this draw. Did they bring Mike Dean in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.