Return of Supporters

I didn’t understand the point of the postcode exclusion either for the Wembley match and sorry you couldnt get a ticket.

My point of mentioning that game was, I was there amongst the 1770 other City fans, whereby 230 tickets were not sold even though the points went down to Citizens. Seems like a few PCR tests and 250 miles to London was too much effort for most..

If you think I’m being precious then you miss my point. Having the Everton match, the only home match of the season, as a lottery, shows to me that loyalty is not recognised by City. We are all mere customers.
For the first time in 30 years as a season ticket holder I'm really beginning to question why I bother.

I've signed up for the platinum, have 17000 points and I'm on all the cup schemes. I don't go to every single home match, due to family commitments, but I turn a blind eye to the cost involved in missing a game(s) 'as it's city'.

Can I get a ticket for OT or Anfield away? No, I've not got enough loyalty points. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

Will I get a ticket for Porto? I doubt it for the same reason. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

Can I walk into the Etihad for any home game in a season? Yeah, there are 1000's of empty seats every game. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

Can I get to Wembley Semi's and Finals? Yeah, they go to open sale now everyone's been a few times. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

In fact the only time having a season ticket and 17000 points could make a difference is for some occasion where we have a big game with 10000+ tickets where everyone would want to go. Like, I don't know, say a Champions League final or perhaps a home game where only 10000 are allowed in to see the clubs greatest player lift the premier league title. Whilst not all City's fault, me having my season ticket has made no difference.

Going forward, I may as well pick and choose. Go to the big games, the 15:00 kick off's on Saturdays and watch the rest on TV. Cost involved? >£300? Whoever's got my ticket for Everton next week can pick up the slack against Shaktar on Tuesday in November.

For the first time in 30 years as a season ticket holder I'm really beginning to question why I bother.

I've signed up for the platinum, have 17000 points and I'm on all the cup schemes. I don't go to every single home match, due to family commitments, but I turn a blind eye to the cost involved in missing a game(s) 'as it's city'.

Can I get a ticket for OT or Anfield away? No, I've not got enough loyalty points. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

Will I get a ticket for Porto? I doubt it for the same reason. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

Can I walk into the Etihad for any home game in a season? Yeah, there are 1000's of empty seats every game. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

Can I get to Wembley Semi's and Finals? Yeah, they go to open sale now everyone's been a few times. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

In fact the only time having a season ticket and 17000 points could make a difference is for some occasion where we have a big game with 10000+ tickets where everyone would want to go. Like, I don't know, say a Champions League final or perhaps a home game where only 10000 are allowed in to see the clubs greatest player lift the premier league title. Whilst not all City's fault, me having my season ticket has made no difference.

Going forward, I may as well pick and choose. Go to the big games, the 15:00 kick off's on Saturdays and watch the rest on TV. Cost involved? >£300? Whoever's got my ticket for Everton next week can pick up the slack against Shaktar on Tuesday in November.
If you’ve got 17000 tickets and on the cup scheme you will definitely get a ticket for Porto if you want one

I've had a season ticket since 1984, my daughter since 1999 and my lad since 2006. We're on every Cup scheme. We didn't get tickets in the ballot. My mate has had a season ticket for 2 years. He got a ticket in the ballot. You win some, you lose some. Doesn't stop me being absolutely gutted though.

Whoever's got my ticket for Everton next week can pick up the slack against Shaktar on Tuesday in November.
That will not be be, gave up struggling to get to the Etihad for mid-week night matches several years ago. Having to rely on a shit Metrolink service from Altrincham finally broke me. Dropped Platinum, Carabao and Chumps cup schemes also and my points are under 10k. I have been lucky and come up trumps in the ballot which I am very pleased about as I get to watch our team live for the first time since February last year.

Hope all the tickets left are available to those in the reserve pot this morning!

After reading some of the comments I feel I have to make my feelings felt. I got my first season ticket in 1974,( 16 years old) as I started work, I followed City home and away, travelled on Football specials, coaches and by car, missing very few games, 1986(28 years old) I got married so things had to change, I now had a mortgage and a wife, luckily she new what I was, and let me keep my season ticket, so I could go to all the home games, but away games were restricted to distance, unless it was a final. So I have had my season ticket for a lifetime and have only missed a hand full of home games,(Personal reasons) which averages one miss at home every 10 years ?. Around the time we moved to the new stadium a new Points system came into play, Loyalty Points, we were given 1,500 points at the time this was accepted but did it really show what we had all gone through, as we had all gone to hell and back on the biggest roller coaster ride ever ?. But we carried on, I have two adult children who I took to the games at a cost when they were younger but they were never interested so no longer go. City then started back in Europe, and my personal situation changed, I could afford to go, and my wife allowed me to go, so I have been very fortunate to have been to quite a few European trips, but 5 years ago circumstances changed again, and so all away games apart from Finals etc have stopped.
I have got 17,800 points, but this seems to be ridiculed, in some quarters, as maybe these points are from home games only ?, I respect anyone who has amassed Loyalty points, and who goes to every home game like myself, regardless of who we are playing and whatever the competition, we need to get the Stadium full, so to ridicule people for just attending home games is downright wrong, we want to see the stadium expanded with a Blue wall, the only way this will happen is if we fill the stadium first, so points for attending home games are very important if not more so than away games, as the club benefits more. I have rambled on to long, my point is that the Loyalty points system does work, if someone overtakes me on the points system great they deserve it, but also season cards are also important, as the Fans who buy them are committed to the club.
City Matters need to understand that there are many thousands of Loyal fans at the club who may not have all the points, but you need to consider the history of those same supporters who are being ridiculed.

The loyalty points system seems to have lost it’s way.

I can understand the frustration of youngsters wanting to get on the ladder and finding it difficult

Initially only 10 points were awarded for away games. Then it became 20 if you signed up for platinum and then 40, before no points were awarded for away games due, I believe, because people were buying tickets just for the points.

Even though it is not in my interest, but, I would suggest, that a revolving 5 year process is introduced with 50 points awarded for each match, home or away, thereby weighting the points in favour of current attendance.

Also, home season tickets should only reward supporters with points if they’ve actually attended, ie swiped their card.

If you’ve got a high number of points you will still be ahead of the rest only if you keep attending. If not other City fans can quickly catch up..

I don’t want to see a return of this ballot ever again.
I could have written that. Completely agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.