Return of Supporters

My suggestion would be setting a flat rate of 50 points per game and a cap on loyalty points with those who exceed the cap retaining their points and prioritisation for tickets (at the moment).
Combine this with a new ballot style process based on loyalty points tiers with a minimum tier level to ensure that everyone in the ballot has a proven loyalty / attendance record.
In the next 3 years the number of tickets for those currently on the very higher points who exceed the cap gets reduced drawing people back into the ballot process.

Something like (and I haven't worked out the split it's just an example):

Loyalty point maximum cap: 10k points
Loyalty points tier minimum entry 1k points

Above cap : 1st priority at tickets - as now
9-10k points : 30% of remaining tickets via ballot
8-9k points : 20% of remaining tickets via ballot
7-8k points : 15% of remaining tickets via ballot
Down to 1-2k points of remaining tickets via ballot.

As the ticket allocation is weighted then all of the ballots would be able to run simultaneously so you wouldn't have a drawn out process of waiting days on end to find out if you have a ticket.

Then a general sale for any remaining tickets to anyone who didn't qualify via the ballot giving those who didn't get a ticket a 2nd chance if any remain.

Finally and only if tickets remain after this do they go to open sale.

This way you get an equal spread of fans and more likely an equal spread of ages as well. Those with the track record have greater chance of a ticket, those with fewer points still get a chance albeit a lesser chance.
Anyone would have to have attended a minimum of 20 matches to start to qualify for the ballots. Those below the cap only get a chance if tickets go to open sale.

No solution is perfect but a weighted ballot process is likely the best alternative to the current points process, and it's better than an open ballot.

Once such a process is established it would soon become routine.
Are you ok?

I’ve had a season ticket for over 25 years and have something like 6,000 points and I’m buggered if I know how this is calculated. Not on any cup schemes, seldom go away. Do I think others should go in front of me? Probably.

BUT they had a decision to make. I think it was the way it was communicated more than anything.

I've since had notification that I’ve been unsuccessful but heyho, how the cookie crumbles.

I do hope that those lucky enough to go, cheer them on from the rafters. Particularly after the shite year we’ve had, the football we’ve played in that time has been sublime at times and one of the few highlights.

My suggestion would be setting a flat rate of 50 points per game and a cap on loyalty points with those who exceed the cap retaining their points and prioritisation for tickets (at the moment).
Combine this with a new ballot style process based on loyalty points tiers with a minimum tier level to ensure that everyone in the ballot has a proven loyalty / attendance record.
In the next 3 years the number of tickets for those currently on the very higher points who exceed the cap gets reduced drawing people back into the ballot process.

Something like (and I haven't worked out the split it's just an example):

Loyalty point maximum cap: 10k points
Loyalty points tier minimum entry 1k points

Above cap : 1st priority at tickets - as now
9-10k points : 30% of remaining tickets via ballot
8-9k points : 20% of remaining tickets via ballot
7-8k points : 15% of remaining tickets via ballot
Down to 1-2k points of remaining tickets via ballot.

As the ticket allocation is weighted then all of the ballots would be able to run simultaneously so you wouldn't have a drawn out process of waiting days on end to find out if you have a ticket.

Then a general sale for any remaining tickets to anyone who didn't qualify via the ballot giving those who didn't get a ticket a 2nd chance if any remain.

Finally and only if tickets remain after this do they go to open sale.

This way you get an equal spread of fans and more likely an equal spread of ages as well. Those with the track record have greater chance of a ticket, those with fewer points still get a chance albeit a lesser chance.
Anyone would have to have attended a minimum of 20 matches to start to qualify for the ballots. Those below the cap only get a chance if tickets go to open sale.

No solution is perfect but a weighted ballot process is likely the best alternative to the current points process, and it's better than an open ballot.

Once such a process is established it would soon become routine.
All ideas need to be discussed, and this has possibilities, my thoughts are that the 10k cap might be low, but the ideas of the weighted ballot may have legs, we should have a different page for this debate.

Sadly balancing that out is very tough and probably won't work.its one or the other.supporters clubs these days are full of young supporters between 18 and 30 you see at away games come from supporters clubs mainly.
Yes my concerns are maybe as yours, are they using other peoples season cards to get tickets, something which needs to be addressed.

Right, was on this reserve list thing.......seemed to work and managed to secure ticket in 132 and looked like maybe 150-200 left.....none of my mates got a ticket and even though I have 18,000 pts and in all cup schemes they have more points......so, not gonna brag on here and honestly feel totally gutted for them and long standing fans not going to the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.