Return of Supporters

Seems like a few PCR tests and 250 miles to London was too much of a financial burden or health risk in the middle of a global pandemic when a lot of people are struggling for secure employment for most....
Fixed that for you.
Life must be so unfair and sad for you with only your trip to Portugal to look forward to.

For the first time in 30 years as a season ticket holder I'm really beginning to question why I bother.

I've signed up for the platinum, have 17000 points and I'm on all the cup schemes. I don't go to every single home match, due to family commitments, but I turn a blind eye to the cost involved in missing a game(s) 'as it's city'.

Can I get a ticket for OT or Anfield away? No, I've not got enough loyalty points. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

Will I get a ticket for Porto? I doubt it for the same reason. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

Can I walk into the Etihad for any home game in a season? Yeah, there are 1000's of empty seats every game. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

Can I get to Wembley Semi's and Finals? Yeah, they go to open sale now everyone's been a few times. Having a season ticket makes no difference.

In fact the only time having a season ticket and 17000 points could make a difference is for some occasion where we have a big game with 10000+ tickets where everyone would want to go. Like, I don't know, say a Champions League final or perhaps a home game where only 10000 are allowed in to see the clubs greatest player lift the premier league title. Whilst not all City's fault, me having my season ticket has made no difference.

Going forward, I may as well pick and choose. Go to the big games, the 15:00 kick off's on Saturdays and watch the rest on TV. Cost involved? >£300? Whoever's got my ticket for Everton next week can pick up the slack against Shaktar on Tuesday in November.
Having a season ticket gave you the chance to go into the ballot for tickets along with every other season card holder so it hasn't exactly made no difference. You just weren't lucky on this occasion.

Wonder how many who didn't take up tickets came from the Cityzens allocation?

I have visions of lots 'winning' the ballot and not taking the tickets up as they live abroad and just click everything.
I wonder how many did not check spam/junk?

Also City may have been holding tickets back for employees, friends and family etc.

Unless there was only a thousand or so in the reserve pot it seems we've all luckily fallen on our feet.
I think that is close to the case as there was 2,500 left early on Sat (1030) after the initial rush and 1,500 a day later. Not sure how many this morning but assuming it wasn't massively over 1k

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.