Return of Supporters

My ticket story in 2012 terms.

Win ballot -Zabba 1-0 all good no worries
Won't let me put my son in basket Mmm 1-1
Ticket office no answer oh oh 1-2 something to worry about.
Keep trying no success time running out starting to think it's over.
Sons Ticket in Basket Djeko 2-2
Card payment, fails, different card fails, try different computer, card fails. United have won. Stress levels up.
Another card, success Ticket bought Agueroooooo.

We did reward real loyalty though, and had to fight hard to persuade the club to do it, so your comment is baseless. The people who literally never or rarely miss a game will be at this one. Stick to correcting grammatical errors as at least you've got a clue about that.

I'm in the same boat as you as it happens. Home and many away games and was building up my points nicely. Then self-employment and working away happened, so I could only manage weekend home games and slipped down the ladder.

"Loyalty" is a bad word. The question for me is how you define loyalty. For me, it's putting watching City above work, family, finances, etc. You and I didn't do that, and that goes for many others. But we aren't less "loyal" as fans; we are less committed though. And even if it had been done on points only, is someone on 17,000 really more "loyal" than someone on 16,990. The former could have just done home league games for many years whereas the latter might have had their ticket for less time but done loads of domestic and European aways, plus all home cup games. I know which of those is more committed, yet the points say the former is more "loyal".

When it costs £200 for tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids to watch a Category A game, against Arsenal or Chelsea, then even that's a huge commitment for a family on a relatively low income. Or there's people who have to travel many miles, or even from abroad, to see one game. One game for those people, involving an outlay of thousands of pounds on flights, accomodation, etc, may represent more of a commitment than us, who pay a few hundred quid for our tickets in 10 instalments.

Every one of those people has demonstrated commitment in one way or another and all of them have a right to be in the stadium. Sadly, not all of them can be.
It’s a pretty thankless task it seems.
You can’t (as with everything) cater for everyone’s niche point of view.

but ta for trying

Believe Swales threw a load of stuff out, Im sure Gary James had mentioned this before.

I have had mine 41 years but like everyone started afresh (1500 points start) in 2003 when we moved to CoMS.
Yeah, it's definitely the kind of information that would have been binned in that period, along with the receipts for the gate money and proof of attendance numbers!

What I don’t understand is why every season card holder who wasn’t successful first time wasn’t included in the reserve ballot. I got a sorry you weren’t successful, see you again email.

I get lots are going to miss out but I’d have thought they’d have given all season card holders a chance for the remaining tickets. A moot point as they’ve all gone now, but after holding a ticket for 38 years I feel a bit miffed to not even get the chance to apply for what was left after the ballot.

Still made up for those who were successful, have a great day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.