Return of Supporters

Well,my chance and more importantly for me,my lads chance has gone.
to say bye to sergio for him
what a year me and my lad have had
last home game v west ham when half the crowd couldn't be arsed to turn up
and his last game seeing City v villa at wembley when plenty could.

1999/2000 you needed to have a certain away stub to attend a certain away game
2000/2001 the away games you attended that season were tracked
2001/2002 loyalty points began
It was 2003 when the points system was brought in, but away games and cup back to Norwich in August 2001 which were tracked as per the intermediate system were awarded 10 points each in 2003.

If you had a season ticket for 5 years up 2003 you got 1500 points, 4 years 1400 points etc down to 1000 for new ST holders. Therefore points go back to 1998 to some degree.

Stubs were first used in 1998/99, but towards the end of the season.

1999/2000 you needed to have a certain away stub to attend a certain away game
2000/2001 the away games you attended that season were tracked
2001/2002 loyalty points began

Yes, I remember requiring 5 stubs for the Wigan away play off semi final for an allocation of 1300. Small beer compared to getting ticket nowadays.

Yes my concerns are maybe as yours, are they using other peoples season cards to get tickets, something which needs to be addressed.
There is plenty of young supporters at every away game and id say 90% of them are in supporters clubs.i go to nearly every game and pretty much know this by being there and talking with people.i think anyone that goes regularly to away games would know this and for me they are getting their chance for attending alot of away games via the supporters club route.i am concerned that the ballot system will come in at some point

Glad you’re ok. I like your suggestion in principle but think you may be over complicating it. Would only points earned in the last 5 years with older points being deleted on a rolling basis do the same job?

That's simpler but doesn't reward loyalty in the same way as a weighted ballot.

A weighted ballot isn't really any more complicated than the way the club does it now with tiered points, it's simply a case of the club allocating a percentage of available tickets to each ballot group and then each member being eligible for ballot a, b, c etc, and everyone would know within a few days if they have been successful rather than waiting for days on end for the point level to drop as is done now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.