Ribery In Robbie Out I say....

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Dribble said:
I mentioned a couple of days ago that the story of us apparently turning down a bid by Barca appeared on the news section of the OS. MCFC have now moved to the 'top of the class' where PR and Marketing is concerned, hence the acquisitions of Cook & Marwood from Nike and the hiring of Endemol to handle our Global online presence and to make sure it is utilised to its maximum potential.

I was intrigued to read last week that we are odds on favourites to win a prestigious Global PR award next year for the way we have performed in the world of Media Marketing and for our ground-breaking website. Where the story of Robi's link to Barca appearing on the OS is concerned, I personally don't believe this would have appeared purely by coincidence of it being a reported news item.

I'm not saying that this means Robi's definitely going or staying. But I look at it like this: Robi is our only Superstar player and along with our finances, he has been absolutely crucial in us attracting a better class of player. He is a Marketing dream and it is no wonder he is always featured prominently when we are showing off our new kits, but this is the question i ask myself:

If Robi was still at Real Madrid today and looking for a transfer, would Hughes be in the market for him considering the type of players Hughes has bought during the last two tranfer windows?
if Robinho was at madrid would we have the players we have now. Hypothetical questions are pointless. Check the other Robbie thread and see the article with quotes from guardiola ;)

I know the story is hypothetical, but that doesn't mean it can't be considered or answered. If we had the squad we have now and Robi was still at Real, do you think Hughes would be in for him?

Dribble said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
lol reports of us wanting to keep him by rejecting a bid from Barca and Robinho saying he is happy here and Barca having no more money obviously means that he will be signing for Barca and Hughes cant wait to get him out the door.

I mentioned a couple of days ago that the story of us apparently turning down a bid by Barca appeared on the news section of the OS. MCFC have now moved to the 'top of the class' where PR and Marketing is concerned, hence the acquisitions of Cook & Marwood from Nike and the hiring of Endemol to handle our Global online presence and to make sure it is utilised to its maximum potential.

I was intrigued to read last week that we are odds on favourites to win a prestigious Global PR award next year for the way we have performed in the world of Media Marketing and for our ground-breaking website. Where the story of Robi's link to Barca appearing on the OS is concerned, I personally don't believe this would have appeared purely by the coincidence of the story merely being a reported news item.

I'm not saying that this means Robi's definitely going or staying, but I look at it like this:

Robi is our only Superstar player and along with our finances, he has been absolutely crucial in us attracting a better class of player. He is a Marketing dream and it is no wonder he is always featured prominently when we are showing off our new kits, but this is the question I ask myself:

If Robi was still at Real Madrid today and looking for a transfer, would Hughes be in the market for him considering the type of players Hughes has bought during the last two tranfer windows?

No Hughes would not sign him and this myth that the only reason we have signed other players ie Tevez, Ade etc is because of Robinho is plain wrong, with the wealth of our owners we were going to attract big names regardless.

Dribble said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
if Robinho was at madrid would we have the players we have now. Hypothetical questions are pointless. Check the other Robbie thread and see the article with quotes from guardiola ;)

I know the story is hypothetical, but that doesn't mean it can't be considered or answered. If we had the squad we have now and Robi was still at Real, do you think Hughes would be in for him?
like many others on this board i know what Hughes thinks so hold on a sec i shall connect my mind to him.........................He says Yes

SuperStock_1612R-15889.jpg

Hughes says YES!!

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Dribble said:
like many others on this board i know what Hughes thinks so hold on a sec i shall connect my mind to him.........................He says Yes

SuperStock_1612R-15889.jpg

Hughes says YES!!

Ha ha *LOL* :-)

Now this is better! A decent debate without people being rude & disrespectful....

No Robbie today so your probably feeling vindicated in your stupid fucking opinion,

Re-Trace your life 2 years and then pull over a player like Robinho coming to us in first place

Ribery > Robi

However, I am quite happy with Robi and would be very sad to see him go. Ribery would be the only player apart from maybe Arshavin (not gonna happen) or Aguero that could replace Robi both with ability and sentimental value.

If Barca offer us Henry and cash or Henry and another decent player we will take it, short term this would benefit us though with henry only having a few years left long term it would depend on who the other player offered would be. The Yaya and Henry would be the deal we would want and that would depend on whether they could get Masch. We could if we got henry and cash then go for Ribery.

EalingBlue2 said:
If Barca offer us Henry and cash or Henry and another decent player we will take it, short term this would benefit us though with henry only having a few years left long term it would depend on who the other player offered would be. The Yaya and Henry would be the deal we would want and that would depend on whether they could get Masch. We could if we got henry and cash then go for Ribery.

I dont think Robbie is going anywhere but if there was an offer on the table from Barca I would give serious consideration to something like Robbie for Henry, Yaya and £10 million!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.