Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

testimonials are fuck all to do with money nowadays. its about a player with a long serving history at a club having a game played in his honour ! most prem footballers donate money raised to charity which is worthy enought of a match on it's own.

dunne should get his testimonial and be recognised for his service to our club.

mcfc_die_hard said:
Mike D said:
http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/09/03/dunnes-parting-shot-after-city-exit/

Just read this and I am absolutly disgusted that the club would treat such loyal legendary player. I find it dispicable that the club are quibling of giving Dicky a descent send off for 9 years service at the club. Its so far back now that I cannot even remember when the last time a player had a testimonial (Paul Lake I think???)

Surely something needs to be done about this and we the fans should demand a proper send off for our club captain.

Fuckin hell i cant beleave sum ppl ! he had to go because he is not good enough ! he was shit stiring saying we had to sell him for the money hes just being bitter and i am let down by this because i love dunne and he is potraying us to be wankers

That still doesn't excuse the club from doing the decent thing and giving him testimonail. Instead of these pointless poxy party piece training session circuses in the close season, lets have proper testimonial against the rags (or who ever dicky wants to play)

Ben-MCFC said:
I'm disgusted with the way he's been treated, if he wanted to stay and fight for his place then we should have let him, just because he's in the squad doesn't mean we have to play him, after all he's done for this club the decfision should have been his.

To tell him that we needed the money is a huge cop-out and an insult to the only decent player who's stuck with us throughout, if he wanted to stay we should have let him; when Toure goes off to Africa we'll only have 3 true CB's.

Then we can buy one in January eh?

A psyhcologist would have a field day on here....

It feels a little like the family dog you grew up just went to the vet for the last time.....

Dunne had an enourmous symbolism for many Blues-he's one of the final lnks with Maine rd,he was there during the shit times,the shitter ones and the better ones...a lot of this is not just about football.
It's about sudden,rapid and enourmous change,and how we deal with it.
It's almost like an "injustice"...he's our captain,our leader-he should be the one to pick up the cups.Like a real-life Grimble.
But top football has never really been like that-especially not for us.

It's hard to let go of something that evokes powerful emotions-sometimes it blinds us to the obvious.

I agree with Damocles on one point though-if we have no room for sentiment,at City of all places,then that's a little sad.
After all,isn't that the only explainable reason why we're "33 years-and still here?"

C_T_I_D said:
vincent said:
Agree mate. If you are looking to get to the top you have to make difficult and sometimes unpopular decision.... If Mourinho is our manager one day like some people hope then I think some people will be very upset with some of the decisions that could be made.

I don't want Mourinho. He's already accomplished it all.

Hughes has things to prove in management and I want him to do it here. That's more attractive to me for some reason.

I don't either. I'm happy with Hughes. The point I was trying to make was the fact that top managers have to make unpopular decisions. Mourinho and likes would do exactly the same. They have to be ruthless.

true8lue said:
This is dissapointing to say the least.

Dunne may have a problem with our owners and management team regarding the transfer, but there's not much point in dragging it through the media.

A quick 'Thank you' to the fans who supported him over the last 9 years, particularly when he was turning up drunk for training wouldn't have done any harm either!

Well he did say he loved the fans and they'd been great throughout, so I guess that constitutes a 'thank you' it's not like he just pretended we never existed, he acknowledged our support, all he did was tell the press why he left City, he wasn't bitter about he was just clearing it up.

hahaahahahah Chelsea banned from signing players for the next 2 transfer windows!!! hahaha

Damocles

"On topic" version of brookland blue??

I mean both are obviously educated people and you agree with a lot of what they say normally. Then sometimes they cast something out there and all hell breaks loose.

look, the bottom line is most of us were ok with dunne leaving as long as it was his decision, if he was forced out it's a disgrace and they can spare me the "retaining the soul of the club" talk from now on.

Ben-MCFC said:
I'm disgusted with the way he's been treated, if he wanted to stay and fight for his place then we should have let him, just because he's in the squad doesn't mean we have to play him, after all he's done for this club the decfision should have been his.

To tell him that we needed the money is a huge cop-out and an insult to the only decent player who's stuck with us throughout, if he wanted to stay we should have let him; when Toure goes off to Africa we'll only have 3 true CB's.

Lescott
Toure
Onouha
Kompany
Richards

That's 5 internationals who can easily play centre back.

Christ, if our squad was stricken down with swine flu you could stick Barry or Bridge there.

We have more than enough to keep everybody motivated and hungry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.