Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

You're not good enough, then you get shipped out. Thats it..

BufordUSABlue said:
C_T_I_D said:
To be honest Mike, lets put a different spin on it. If Richard Dunne had any respect for the club he just spent nine years at then he wouldn't have made these comments public and aired his views behind closed doors. To me it just makes him seem bitter at leaving at a club he knows will be superior to Aston Villa in the coming seasons and go on to compete for top honours. Manchester City have moved on and have better players than him at the club, he should have moved on too.

This!

I am so dissapointed that he felt the need to say anything really, its a good deal for all concerned and then he has to spoil it.........sad Richard very sad!
agreed. very unprofessional i think for a player thats served a club very well for a number of years and done very well out of the club himself. there could ave been a number of players who could ave spoken out ie elano vassell etc but chose not to.

Ben-MCFC said:
hahaahahahah Chelsea banned from signing players for the next 2 transfer windows!!! hahaha
whatchu talking bout Willis?

edit: fookin' hell

Mike D said:
That still doesn't excuse the club from doing the decent thing and giving him testimonail. Instead of these pointless poxy party piece training session circuses in the close season, lets have proper testimonial against the rags (or who ever dicky wants to play)

Ask the thousands of young blues who turned up for the open day and had a great time free of charge if it was pointless.

No, much better better to play Utd in a testimonial and have a recipe for violence (as in the past) just to line the pockets of an already rich footballer.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'll tell you when I knew in my heart that Dunne's time was up. I'd been forgiving his mistakes time and time again until Hamburg at home.

He made about four exceptionally clumsy challenges, several after his first booking. It was obvious the ref, who did very well that night, didn't want to spoil a top class game bu sending him off but he should have done.

In the end he left him no choice but to send him off late in the game when he did it for the 5th time, ending our chances in the most important game of the season.

Thanks for the memories, Dunnie, and I'm glad you've left as a hero.

But we've moved on.

Spot on, DD. Don't think there was any way back for Dunney after that game. His card was marked. As captain, he let himself, the team and the club down with his performance in that game - the biggest in City's recent history - and showed, to me (and obviously to Hughes), that he wasn't good enough and didn't believe he was good enough and probably wasn't that interested in the "project". Don't think he's really seen himself as part of the future of the club since the takeover and he's been going through the motions.

Still a good servant to the club and wish him well, but he can cut out the martyr crap because it's really not merited.

He has been there 9x the length not 4.5.

But I don't agree - Hughes is the manager and he knows far more than you or I. Dunne was the captain and I believe Hughes wanted to new, clean slate with which to mould his squad in his owb image.

I wish Dunne the best of luck but football has no room for sentimentality and if Dunne leaving gives young Nedum more scope, then I support it whole-heartedly.

I dont think there is to much in that interview for anyone to get upset about. I imagine Dunney was hoping to be part of the new and exciting times ahead at City, and is a little hurt at not being part of it after 9 years of excellent service. Mark Hughes has got his own ideas and as gone for a younger, and more adgile center half in Lescott, who may get us half a dozen goals a season.
Dunney as got a good move going to villa, and we got a reasonable fee. Martin O'niell is a top manager and like ourselfs and the spuds will be trying to get in the top Four.
I would like to wish Dunney all the best, and thank him for all he as done for City over the last 9 years. Player of the year 4 times says it all. Im sure Dunney will be inducted into to City's hall of fame, and hopefully when he hangs his boots up will be a frequent visiter to Coms.

I'm gutted Dunneys gone and thought we could've atleast kept him another year to get his testimonial, i think he deserved that atleast.

However were trying to break into the top 4 and therefore there is no room for sentiment. It will only happen if weve got top quality players and Dunne had been shakey for a while now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.