Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

Bossman Blue said:
Like him or not, how many of our recognised 'legends' were POY 4 times? Legend for me.
that only tells me how bad we was.... where else in the world would that happen..

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Damocles said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
It's pathetic cos you're basically admitting that Dunne isn't good enough but you wanted us to keep him because he's your favourite player and you want to be able to get all sentimental over him. And the thing is neville has always done a steady job for them and bacon face knows he can rely on him to do a job. We wouldn't be able to fo that with Dunney cos he's error prone

Quite the opposite, I think he can do a job. Hughes must also think so after allowing him to play the first few games of the season and most of last. I didn't see much of TBH in the Prem this season, because it's obvious that Hughes didn't think he was up to it.

Neither TBH or Dunney were good enough. If Hughes had put Dunne as sub for the first 2 games there would have been outrage which could have unsettled the team. Maybe Hughes thought he could get by with Dunne in the side and didn't have to put him on the bench, safe in the knowledge that soon enough Dunney would be departing

Bossman Blue said:
Like him or not, how many of our recognised 'legends' were POY 4 times? Legend for me.

Each and every one of our recognised legends would have won at least 4 POTY awards had they played in a team as bad as Dunne did when he won it! Even I would have fancied my chances of winning at least 1 POTY award if I had been in the City team over the past decade!

The Fat el Hombre said:
Damocles said:
Quite the opposite, I think he can do a job. Hughes must also think so after allowing him to play the first few games of the season and most of last. I didn't see much of TBH in the Prem this season, because it's obvious that Hughes didn't think he was up to it.

Neither TBH or Dunney were good enough. If Hughes had put Dunne as sub for the first 2 games there would have been outrage which could have unsettled the team. Maybe Hughes thought he could get by with Dunne in the side and didn't have to put him on the bench, safe in the knowledge that soon enough Dunney would be departing

Possibly, it's hard to second guess him really.

I think I'm a bit miffed in tyhe manner that he departed and the OP was posted straight after his full interview came in. They are currently showing bits and bobs of it, so I hope you guys get the full airing of it and maybe understand my reaction to it. I still believe that if what Dunne said was true, then the club has completely disrespected a player that they had no need to do.

Either way, I think I've said my peace on it now, and will keep quiet unless an unseen opinion is posted.

Didsbury Dave said:
Well, it depends on your definition of "legend" - a word which is well overused these days.

He's a legend in the same way as Shaun Goater, but not in the same league as Bell or Lee.

I agree with the point your making, I'd put Kinky in there as well

I think the Goat is a true legend though

Only recently seen the article.

It makes for very uncomfortable reading for me. I realise this is a one off, but when it affects a loyal and respected player like Dunnie, its a strike at a player that has long been at the heart and soul of our club.

Not many players will do a 9 year shift in the 1st team at 1 club,
Legendary acheivement in itself that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.