Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Dunne was experienced and strong.

Superlatives can prove anything ;)

leighton said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Im sorry but Hughes was always on a hiding to nothing with this transfer.

People are quick to forget that it was Hughes that kept Dunne at the club 12 months ago when Dunne was already half way out of the door. Did Dunnes performances last season prove Hughes right? No far from it!

It seems to me that under Hughes any player will get his chance but underperform on a regular basis and you are a goner. the likes of Dunne and Elano are proof of this. I have no problem with this at all, finally we have a manager in charge who expects a certain level of performance and if you fail to meet that level then you better look for another club!

I have given Hughes plenty of stick since he arrived but he has got my backing now because you can see he wants us to be the best, it may involve upsetting a few people along the way but he isnt bothered because he wants to be a winner. Fair play to him I say!

Dunne started off this season well. So if you are thinking about getting rid of Dunne why even play him if he is not in your long term plans. Ned was there ready to fill in if need be until he got his defence sorted. What does Hughes think of Ned as a player? Surely Ned would of been the one to partner Toure most fans would of thought but no he has yet to play a minute of football in the league or cup yet which is strange.

Is Ned fully fit? Could it be there was some sentiment - putting him on the bench then getting rid would've been worse. At least by playing him he could go with some dignity rather than being dumped out of the team then shipped out.

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

Well, it depends on your definition of "legend" - a word which is well overused these days.

He's a legend in the same way as Shaun Goater, but not in the same league as Bell or Lee.

As much as Dunny has been a top player for City (and for most of the city teams he has played in he has been one of the best) we are now moving up to a complete different level and unfortunately he wont be good enough for where hopefully we are aiming for. Dont get me wrong I wish him all the best, but dont forget just before Hughes took over he was on his way to Pompey to patner back up with Distin until Hughes persuaded him to stay. So we cannot call the management for not being loyal to him, we need to concentrate on backing the team and management and wish Dunny all the best.

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

Legend used too frequently now a days. I wouldn't say he is a legend yet. If we won something and he scored the winning header in the final match then maybe I would have said so.

SWP has the potential of being a legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.