Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

maine-road-ali said:
trust me we wont even remember richard dunne in two years time..

Why? Because we've brought in better players than him and we may have won stuff?

We'll have turned into a right set of w@nkers if you're right.

He's a legend to City fans, I would say. To other supporters and fans of the game they'd just say he was an ex-Man City defender who also played for the Republic of Ireland.

I daresay there are loads and loads of other players who we don't think too much about but are considered legends by supporters of the club(s) they played for.

To-Mar-Toes or To-May-Toes.

No as
1 We never won fook all with him
2 He was an average player in all honesty

He was a good servant to the Club no doubt, but never will be a Legend.
Good luck with Villa Dunnie, you will always get an applause from us.

mr t said:
maine-road-ali said:
trust me we wont even remember richard dunne in two years time..
Thank fuck we're not all as fickle as you............I bet you've never seen Maine Road or COMS.

If you had you would know that Richard Dunne has been with us through thick and thin and he is indeed a City Legend.
for your info fella ive been maine road and coms more times than you i bet, thick an thin cos no fucker else wanted him. you wanna get some balls an move on to the future theres no sentiment in football mans game...... fickle ha weve won fuck all in the 10 years that donkey as been captain.....stick your dummie in an sit down.

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Blue Dan said:
After all the wonderful things ADUG have done for the club this season and last we've still got fans telling them to go fuck themselves because they've sold a player who's best years are behind him and has always been average at best.

Embarrassing.

Agreed.

Absolutely.

Just watched his press conference on SSN and had a lump in my throat, so sad to see him go.

All the best Dunney.

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Been reading the comments on here during the day and have now seen the interview.

Dunney seems surpirsed at the 'needing the money' explanation and I can understand why, as we clearly don't. Perhaps he misread the situation because it doesn't add up and Hughes has stated that he let him go as he didn't want to stand in his way - its an important year for Dunney with Ireland trying the reach the WC Finals and sitting on the bench would be of no use to him.

In no way is he bitter. He says he really enjoyed his time with us, the fans were fantastic to him and he wishes us every success, all of which I think is genuine.

I don't think the club has shat on him, it was the right move for everyone, and I don't think he feels any resentment, just disappointment at having to leave at such an exciting and promising time.

Good luck to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.