Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

A bit surprised by your last comment Damocles TBH. There's a more dignified way of ranting than saying that especially after the money they've put in. Oh well I suppose gratitude comes in small packages. I too was sad to see Dunne go but you have to admit we have a more suitable player that now fits our style of play.

Think the need the money bit was said as a bit of a joke, dont think mr dunne has many o levels , so this Damocles is a technical aid to blue moon is he, bit like a special condom. !

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

mr t said:
maine-road-ali said:
for your info fella ive been maine road and coms more times than you i bet, thick an thin cos no fucker else wanted him. you wanna get some balls an move on to the future theres no sentiment in football mans game...... fickle ha weve won fuck all in the 10 years that donkey as been captain.....stick your dummie in an sit down.
10 years ago Dunney wasn't with us but we'd just been promoted from the 2nd division. That gives you an idea where we've come from. Do you think we'd be talking about winning things now and taking so much for granted if we hadn't got money? Would we fuck. And Richard Dunne would probably still be winning player of the year and you wouldn't be calling him a donkey.

Just because we've become mega rich it dosen't mean we should forget where we came from and what players like Dickov, Goater and Dunne have done for us. As I said earlier I'm glad not all City fans are as fickle as you.
you wanna read back on some of the posts fella from earlier on before u jump in feet first. nobody is not sayin they would forget the past how could we not many with a shitier past than us,what is being said is in some peoples opinion dunne is not a legend end of........

Dunne had a 3 year contract, if he'd wanted to stay all he would have had to do is say I'm going to honour my contract and so are you (City). He had every right to refuse a move and I'm damn sure he isn't out of pocket on the deal unless he has a brain-dead idiot as an agent.

Whatever bullshit he was told about lack of cash I think was probably more about balancing the wage budget, esepcially in light of the recent spoutings by Twatini. Why would we pay someone £50-60k/week to sit on a bench for 80% of games as it's pretty obvious Toure and Lescott are going to be our central defence partnership for the next 3-4 years, gradually introducing in Ned, Kompany and maybe Richards.

I liked Dunne but never rated him as a captain and most people would agree he wouldn't be a first team pick with Toure/Lescott and he would also hinder Kompany/Ned's development in the CB position (if that is where Hughes sees Vinnie). I would have liked him to get a testimonial but as I said above he shouldn't be out of pocket and he will get 1st team games at Villa in a World Cup year (how are Ireland doing anyway?).

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

This Player of Year whats it actually mean? It must be taken in context of who else the OSC had to vote for. How many voted for him? I've been watching City for 45 years and never had the opportunity to vote!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.