Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

9 seasons is it? That's longer than Lee and Summerbee managed. Not one of the greats but a long-serving stalwart, and a rock, in a time of mediocrity and upheaval.

He's a legend from that era we've just left behind us. But not an all-time City legend. They are marked out by their achievements and/or their exceptional talent.

Much as I respect him Dunney doesn't quite make it on either measure.

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Unfortunate expressions in the op ("soul" and "go f...").

Can the thread be cleaned up without compromising it's essence?

edit: there is a, er, "rule" on the forum, which I thought everyone subscribed to, and some of you might recognize it: it goes like this -

DO NOT PISS OFF THE ARABS.

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Brucie Bonus said:
Unfortunate expressions in the op ("soul" and "go f...").

Can the thread be cleaned up without compromising it's essence?

De-tubthumpification?

No. What did he achieve? Scored a few own goals and was part of the team that beat United on a couple of occasions. He did nothing to stand out and be noticed.

Didsbury Dave said:
Well, it depends on your definition of "legend" - a word which is well overused these days.

He's a legend in the same way as Shaun Goater, but not in the same league as Bell or Lee.
agree hope he gets good reception back@coms good luck dunney!!

maine-road-ali said:
mr t said:
Thank fuck we're not all as fickle as you............I bet you've never seen Maine Road or COMS.

If you had you would know that Richard Dunne has been with us through thick and thin and he is indeed a City Legend.
for your info fella ive been maine road and coms more times than you i bet, thick an thin cos no fucker else wanted him. you wanna get some balls an move on to the future theres no sentiment in football mans game...... fickle ha weve won fuck all in the 10 years that donkey as been captain.....stick your dummie in an sit down.
10 years ago Dunney wasn't with us but we'd just been promoted from the 2nd division. That gives you an idea where we've come from. Do you think we'd be talking about winning things now and taking so much for granted if we hadn't got money? Would we fuck. And Richard Dunne would probably still be winning player of the year and you wouldn't be calling him a donkey.

Just because we've become mega rich it dosen't mean we should forget where we came from and what players like Dickov, Goater and Dunne have done for us. As I said earlier I'm glad not all City fans are as fickle as you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.