Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

C_T_I_D said:
vincent said:
Agree mate. If you are looking to get to the top you have to make difficult and sometimes unpopular decision.... If Mourinho is our manager one day like some people hope then I think some people will be very upset with some of the decisions that could be made.

I don't want Mourinho. He's already accomplished it all.

Hughes has things to prove in management and I want him to do it here. That's more attractive to me for some reason.
I like this ^^^

On a transfer forum thread, Dunne and Dusted, page 36 I albeit somewhat grudgingly perhaps welcomed the tribute to Dunne by Hughes.

Now having heard Dunnes side of the story, I accuse Mark 'Classless' and 'No Loyalty' Hughes of being one

BIG CLASSLESS DISHONOURABLE LIAR

Is this the way we want our club to behave? I believe Dunne because it was obvious they were determined to undermine him even when he was Captain; during the Lescott pursuit.

Hughes said. “It would have been difficult for Dunney to stay given his standing at the club and I understand that. I wasn’t going to stand in his way. I could have tried to stop him going and said I wanted him as a squad player but out of respect for what he has done for City I wasn’t going to do that.'

This conflicts with what Dunne has said:

"It was difficult.[leaving City] They made it quite clear they didn’t want me there any more, so for me to have the opportunity to come to Villa was brilliant,"

During the interview on Skysports Dunne said:

"I played right up to when I left, I was there all the time," Dunne told Sky Sports News.

"They signed the players and that was it. I wasn't given the opportunity to stay and fight for my place. That's what was annoying.

"I was told I had to go and that's the frustrating part about it.

"They told me they had accepted an offer so I said 'OK, but what if I want to stay and fight for my place?'

"They said 'it's funny, we need the money'.

"I am not bitter, I really enjoyed my time there and wish them all the success.

"The fans have been fantastic to me there and they have been crying out for success for such a long time. Now they seem to be on the brink of it and I hope it all goes really well.

"It's a really good club, an enjoyable family club and I just hope they get what they deserve."

Damocles said:
No.

As my understanding of it is, the forum is not censored to save the feelings of the club. That's a bad road to go down.
Ah great,I was going to obey the forum rules but if thats your understanding "go fuck yourself you ungrateful ****"

;-)...see, it's not big and its not clever is it?

kramer said:
Damocles said:
Dear Management of City,

I have just seen an interview with Richard Dunne regarding his move to Aston Villa. It seems he never wanted to leave, and was forced out of the club because 'we needed the money'. He wanted to stay and fight for his place, to help us achieve something. He said that he still loves the club, the fans and would want to come back.
All the PR spin in the world doesn't cover the fact that you've just sold a player who wants to play, who is good enough (hence his appearences this season), and understood the soul of the club after been here for 4.5 times the length you have.

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks,
Damocles

Dear Damocles

He wasn't good enough, scored too many own goals, very rarely scored for City,

You don't sign centre backs to score goals ffs

made crucial mistakes that cost us games

He saved us 10 times as many points as he lost.

and could'nt pass the ball to a City shirt.

Do you actually believe that's true?

Dunne never would have won an England cap if he'd been English.

He's easily as good as Carragher.

I despair at some City fans and where they get their views on players.

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

Not a legend, Dickov is a legend as is Summerbee, Bell and Lee, but a loyal player committed to the club for 9 years before being humiliated and FORCED out, to suit the CHANGE OF CULTURE.

obsequious_courtier said:
Damocles said:
No.

As my understanding of it is, the forum is not censored to save the feelings of the club. That's a bad road to go down.

I have been a long time reader of this forum but some of your recent antics have prompted me to join as it seems that maybe a little power is going to your head;-)

I haven't actually got much power! I just tend to just code things. The reason I've been around so much, is because I spend most of my time clicking refresh so that Skynet can build it's index (it's complicated, but basically, I need to babysit it to make sure the forum doesn't go down. 24 hours a day. For four days. And counting.).
I'm experienced enough as a moderator of forums to seperate modding duties from posting as a user. In fact, recent experience have shown that people are more likely to get away with things when insulting me as I don't want to be seen as someone banning for the sake of it. I've only ever banned one person, and that was entirely necessary because:

a) He wouldn't stop posting threads calling me out
b) He wouldn't stop PMing me abusive stuff
c) He was a user that was previously banned.

I've always said that anybody can either PM me or post in public if they feel I've done something wrong, but need to understand that my opinion as a poster is entirely seperate from the ability to moderate. That doesn't just apply to me, but all of the mods on this forum, and every other forum you visit. Transparency and communication is the key :)

legend!! the guy lifted the first trophy of many in the coming years.

Yeah, he is going to be a Legend, since he was the Player of the Year four times, was Captain and spent nine years here, which is extraordinary these days especially at City! So he will epitomise and embody a whole era of the club where we were solid, but ultimately just not good enough to make it to the next level... The old "typical City" tag might just go with him since he will also always be remembered because of a number of crucial own goals and sending-offs during his time, which again will add to him being one of the most notable players City have had.

All the best Dunnie, it's been emotional, but times change and people especially in Football move on and this was a good deal for everyone!

Onwards and upwards

Good article here on him which sums it up well... <a class="postlink" href="http://tldorc.blogspot.com/2009/09/dunne-departs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tldorc.blogspot.com/2009/09/dunne-departs.html</a>

u2fme2 said:
we needed the money??????that has to be some
sort of fucking joke

Thats how I saw it anyway, it was a tongue in cheek comment

The guy is a proud man, he wants to play first team prem football, not second fiddle to anyone else, he's got his Rep of
ireland position to think about too.

It was end of an Era, good look to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.