Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

Three consecutive player of the year (or more) awards?

LEGEND

Come on the Dunney Monster.

maine-road-ali said:
kramer said:
How many members of the OSC are there The only dealings I've had with the OSC is when they turned up to the live SKY debate in the Social Club supporting Swales Therefore IMHO its a worthless award
branches all over the country mate.... 25.000 members possibly maybe more...

That's just a guess. You're way off, at least unless there's been an explosion:

From the MEN, Friday May 2nd 2008, p76, "Fans Are United in Protest", by Chris Bailey.

City's two major supporters organisations...have come together...and their near 10,000 joint membership will join forces...

I love stuff like this. Written to make you think all 10,000 (how near is near anyway?) are coming together. Makes you wonder how many voted for Dunnie for his 4th POS, how many voted for other nominees? Makes you wonder why they voted for someone who was obviously (at least it was obvious to everyone but the OSC) not the best player that season (it was Hart or Petrov). Nothing to do with the purported rebellion in the dressing room against Thaksin, right?

Sure.

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Damocles said:
Dear Management of City,

I have just seen an interview with Richard Dunne regarding his move to Aston Villa. It seems he never wanted to leave, and was forced out of the club because 'we needed the money'. He wanted to stay and fight for his place, to help us achieve something. He said that he still loves the club, the fans and would want to come back.
All the PR spin in the world doesn't cover the fact that you've just sold a player who wants to play, who is good enough (hence his appearences this season), and understood the soul of the club after been here for 4.5 times the length you have.

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks,
Damocles

Oh please!

I think you're being over-dramatic, again (Tevez-Jury) mate. To tell the club to "go fuck (it's)self)" ) is absolutely ludicrous! OK be upset that he's going since he is a Legend, but £6million is a great price for him, he'll get 1st team football (which he won't get here) so wish him well but also remember where your loyalties lie... He nearly left last summer, of his own volition, but Hughes stopped it and rightly so. But this is different so please stop with the amateur dramatics when a player leaves. People move on in football and in life, get used to it otherwise you'll become a pretty miserable person.

Posted this elsewhere but this article sums it up well for me... <a class="postlink" href="http://tldorc.blogspot.com/2009/09/dunne-departs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tldorc.blogspot.com/2009/09/dunne-departs.html</a>

Good luck Dunnie, you've served us well but the time and deal were right...

Damocles said:
obsequious_courtier said:
I have been a long time reader of this forum but some of your recent antics have prompted me to join as it seems that maybe a little power is going to your head;-)

I haven't actually got much power! I just tend to just code things. The reason I've been around so much, is because I spend most of my time clicking refresh so that Skynet can build it's index (it's complicated, but basically, I need to babysit it to make sure the forum doesn't go down. 24 hours a day. For four days. And counting.).
I'm experienced enough as a moderator of forums to seperate modding duties from posting as a user. In fact, recent experience have shown that people are more likely to get away with things when insulting me as I don't want to be seen as someone banning for the sake of it. I've only ever banned one person, and that was entirely necessary because:

a) He wouldn't stop posting threads calling me out
b) He wouldn't stop PMing me abusive stuff
c) He was a user that was previously banned.

I've always said that anybody can either PM me or post in public if they feel I've done something wrong, but need to understand that my opinion as a poster is entirely seperate from the ability to moderate. That doesn't just apply to me, but all of the mods on this forum, and every other forum you visit. Transparency and communication is the key :)
Are you, as someone with the power to ban someone,giving the all clear for people on this forum to say things like "go fuck yourself"?

no doubt. he will always be remembered.

NO CHANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HIS HEART WAS INIT BUT HIS FEET WERE ELSE WHERE FOR AN INTERNATIONAL DEFENDER HE MAKES SOME SERIOUSLY EMBARASSING MISTAKES IN EVERY GAME NOT JUST A FEW !!!!!!!!!!!! TIME FOR THE CLUB TO MOVE ON SO GET WITH IT GENTS AND STOP WHINGING ON !!!!!! THREE POINTS OF THE TOP AND A GAME IN HAND DUNNIE HAD SOMETHING TO PROVE AGAINST WOLVES AN SHOWED HIMSELF UP A NUMBER OF TIMES!!!!!!!!!! TRUST IN HUGHSIE AN WE WILL GET IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!

As far as im concerned Dunne is well passed his best and against the better sides he looked awful, he's losing his pace and how many times he used to loose possetion was ridicules. Good move for City to get £6 million for him as hes not worth it. Fuck player loyalty as well because he was about to jump shit to pompy before he found out these Arabs was taking over, where was his loyal then?. We have Nedum, Lescott, Toure, Richards all before dunne in the pecking order and even Kopmany. So £6M is a good deal. Also the club you are telling to Fuck yourself are the same people who have made every city fan smile and have had the best experience of being a blue for a long time.

Thank you M.C.F.C for all you have done, ignore the Minority

Are you, as someone with the power to ban someone,giving the all clear for people on this forum to say things like "go fuck yourself"?

The CoC refers to how posters treat each other, not how posters treat players, or the manager of the club. I'll have to ask Ric, but I presume saying it about somebody who isn't a poster is fine. It's no different from telling Gordon Brown or the Taliban to fuck themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.