Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

Damocles said:
Dear Management of City,

I have just seen an interview with Richard Dunne regarding his move to Aston Villa. It seems he never wanted to leave, and was forced out of the club because 'we needed the money'. He wanted to stay and fight for his place, to help us achieve something. He said that he still loves the club, the fans and would want to come back.
All the PR spin in the world doesn't cover the fact that you've just sold a player who wants to play, who is good enough (hence his appearences this season), and understood the soul of the club after been here for 4.5 times the length you have.

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks,
Damocles

I didnt want Dunne to leave myself but that post is harsh in the extreme.

Also it reflects badly on Bluemoon and yourself as a technical aid of the site.

Damocles said:
He's not good enough for the Carling Cup???
Or to come in as cover for an injured Toure?

Dunne is criminally underrated by some one here. He's had one bad season, and suddenly he's past it. Why don't we ask BlueRipple if one bad season makes a career?

Are you seriously suggesting that Dunne would be happy to sit on the bench?

Good move for both parties. Glad to see him see out is career playing and not sat on the bench, i hope hes sucessfull and lifts a trophy or 2 (as long as its not against city)

Couple of points...firstly, City could NEVER have forced Dunne out. He could've stayed - he chose to take the Villa offer.

Secondly, as much as he has been a great servant to the club, MCFC is not a charity. I'd rather Neds/Kompany were in line behind Toure and Lescott than Dunne, and I'm sure that was the thinking of the management staff too...

Harsh OP...

Add my name to that letter, and a question as to why the club, or more likely the numpty in the managers job, felt the need to try and shaft Dunnie on his pay-off.

And yes he was forced out, just one more of the many within the club that though Hughes out of his debth and clueless, who`s loyalty to the club over the numpty meant there was no place but out.

foley87 said:
Dunne - ok if you want top 6/8

Not top4/title challengers

People are mixing sentiment for dunne and his playing abilities

agreed he is not good enough for top 4 and i am annoyed how a lot of people now say hes a quality player because hes played 2 games and been here 9 years

that said however i wouldnt have minded him staying but he wouldnt have got many chances in the team

Dear Damocles,

You use the term "management" and that's their job - to manage. Football, at the top level, is a ruthless business and you can apply Darwinian logic to it. Those best equipped or who adapt to meet changing circumstances are the ones that survive.

All the great managers have been ruthless, among their other attributes. Busby, Mercer, Shankly, Ferguson all had no hesitation in forcing out players that didn't meet their requirements, either physically or mentally, because the team is more impertant than the individual. Allison forced out loads of players, including Tueart, Barnes and Owen. Keegan forced out Goater and Berkovic.

It's been quite clear for a couple of seasons that Dunne simply isn't good enough for where we want to be and no amount of sentimentality can change that. Also he gave us little or no leadership on the field. That's just the way he is; he's a quiet and shy man. None of us know what goes on behind closed doors at Carrington but there has been talk that Dunne has been vocal in his criticism of Hughes and his methods. So what did he expect?

I know that SWP was incredibly bitter about the way he was forced out when we needed the money. Wardle was happy to explain why he had to go and he accepted that but Mackintosh crowed about the deal to anyone who would listen and that's what pissed him off. I predicted on here that he would not come back till Mackintosh had gone and I was right. But SWP kept his mouth shut because he loved the club and so should Dunne.

The donkey has yet again shown that he's a lot to learn about being professional.

johnmc said:
Damocles said:
He's not good enough for the Carling Cup???
Or to come in as cover for an injured Toure?

Dunne is criminally underrated by some one here. He's had one bad season, and suddenly he's past it. Why don't we ask BlueRipple if one bad season makes a career?

Are you seriously suggesting that Dunne would be happy to sit on the bench?

Consider he has JUST said it on an interview on SSN, then yes.

After all the wonderful things ADUG have done for the club this season and last we've still got fans telling them to go fuck themselves because they've sold a player who's best years are behind him and has always been average at best.

Embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.