Richard Dunne {merged}

Benarbia's Fat Dad said:
Why is everybody assuming that Richard Dunne's version of events is the truth? It doesn't make any sense at all - "we need the money" absolute bollocks.

I wish him well because he's been a loyal servant to the club, but I think he's talking shite

It was pretty obvious Dunne and Cook would struggle to see eye to eye after Cook marked his arrival at City by announcing 'Richard Dunne's name doesn't roll of the tongue in Bejing.' Regardless of opinions regarding Dunne's on field ability, for a newcomer to talk in such a disrespectful way about the club captain it's hard to imagine them ever developing a close working relationship after that.

Dunne hasn't talked badly about the fans and he has wished the club well, what he has said is that Garry Cook 'doesn't understand football' taking into account the 'Bejing' comment, the handling of the Kaka saga, and only recently the misinterpretation of the 'City till I die' philosophy there is more than a little substance to Dunne's claims.

Deals are made behind players backs all the time, and I wouldn't put it past Cook to set the ball rolling on this one without sounding out Dunne first. With the arrival of Lescott it always looked unlikely Dunne would stay on, it must be difficult to go from being the club captain to a squad player.

The squad is the strongest it has been for many years, as is City's standing in football. I have no doubt Cook is doing a fantastic job behind the scenes, however I think that's where he is at his best. His buzzwords and marketing speak may wash well in boardrooms and with the top brass however it doesn't transcend well in the tabloids and he has a habit of putting his foot in it. Hughes and Khaldoon, publicly offer a more measured approach than Cook and this represents City in a far better light. The way things are shaping up at City at the moment is so exciting, on the pitch we are beginning to look top class, lets hope our off field dealings are to a similar standard and that the club and perhaps Cook in particular handle the next big name departure in a manner more befitting of a top club.

wow, that really smacks of self-pity and passive-agressive tendencies. I'd have preferred to think of Dunne as a model professional who was smart enough to read the writing on the wall, who loved his time here but wasn't going prepared to sit in the reserves, and jumped at the chance of first team football with a very good club.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
With the arrival of Lescott it always looked unlikely Dunne would stay on, it must be difficult to go from being the club captain to a squad player.
I think he's saying that he didn't see his exit coming a mile off, and that had no problem making the step down.

you can argue this two ways:

1. that's because he loved the club

2. it's because he was too comfortable here, and unambitious.

as he must be the only person at the club who didn't see that his exit was likely, I happen to think this suggests he was a bit comfortable here.

what really grates is the suggestion that he didn't have the chance to prove himself. you had all last year, old chap.

Re: For everyone that ISNT slating Richard Dunne

Good luck Dunney true servant for us for nearly 10 years, wish you all the luck at Villa

bizzbo said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
With the arrival of Lescott it always looked unlikely Dunne would stay on, it must be difficult to go from being the club captain to a squad player.
I think he's saying that he didn't see his exit coming a mile off, and that had no problem making the step down.

you can argue this two ways:

1. that's because he loved the club

2. it's because he was too comfortable here, and unambitious.

as he must be the only person at the club who didn't see that his exit was likely, I happen to think this suggests he was a bit comfortable here.

what really grates is the suggestion that he didn't have the chance to prove himself. you had all last year, old chap.

Yeah, very good points mate.

As gutted as I am to see Dunne leave, like you said he had all last year to do a Stevie Ireland and rise to the challenge and thrive under the pressure. Instead, Dunne buckled. But in fairness my post was more about the handeling of the situation from City/Cook's point of view, may have room for improvement.

Damocles said:
Dear Management of City,

I have just seen an interview with Richard Dunne regarding his move to Aston Villa. It seems he never wanted to leave, and was forced out of the club because 'we needed the money'. He wanted to stay and fight for his place, to help us achieve something. He said that he still loves the club, the fans and would want to come back.
All the PR spin in the world doesn't cover the fact that you've just sold a player who wants to play, who is good enough (hence his appearences this season), and understood the soul of the club after been here for 4.5 times the length you have.

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks,
Damocles

if you feel that way why dont you piss off if your not happy, its the managers job to decide who he wants at the club not you, stop acting like a big kid, why dont we have dickov and goater back because their heart was in it, grow up and live in the real world

Re: FAO Garry Cook 2

california blue said:
looks like my boys story has some miles in it

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1211052/Richard-Dunne-hits-stabber-Cook-6m-City-exit.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

Richard Dunne has accused Manchester City of deceit in an incredible attack on the Barclays Premier League's big spenders.

Dunne, who began the season as captain at Eastlands but was sold to Aston Villa for £6million this week, says he was forced out by the club's executive chairman Garry Cook, who he claims 'doesn't understand football'.

Dunne said: 'All he wants is big-money players. He doesn't understand the core loyalty of the club and where it begins.

'For him I was probably a bit of a nuisance. I found out things that were going on behind my back and I wouldn't speak to him. Every time I came around he probably felt a bit uncomfortable.

'The manager (Mark Hughes) is very quiet, he does his own thing and I spoke with him a few times through the summer about what was going on. He was of the opinion that City needed two players for every position and that was the way the squad was going to work.

'The last time I spoke to him was in Africa after I had found out some other stuff. I said, "Where do I lie in the whole thing?" and he said they were trying to sign players and I would be part of his squad and I could fight for my place.

'He said I was still the captain and even last week he said to me he would rather I stayed but he was told we needed to get money in. I don't think it was his decision.

'They told me they have a certain amount of money they have to recoup each season to make things look better on the books. I could understand if I was being sold for £200m, it might make sense, but it was a bit strange really.

'It just needed people to be honest with me. I was getting phone calls from people saying Garry Cook (pictured) was trying to sell me behind my back, two months after me going to him and saying if he has any problems to come and deal with me. I'm disappointed with people who say one thing and then do the other.

'I'm not going to cry just because the club wanted to sell me - just don't do it behind my back.'

City spent £120m in their summer spree, adding centre backs Joleon Lescott and Kolo Toure to replace Dunne, as well as Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz and Gareth Barry.
Tough call: Richard Dunne will make his Villa debut in the Birmingham derby

Tough call: Richard Dunne will make his Villa debut in the Birmingham derby on his return from Ireland duty

Dunne, now preparing for Ireland'sWorld Cup qualifier in Cyprus on Saturday, added: 'City have just signed Joleon Lescott and he's getting dog's abuse for being disloyal and breaking a contract he signed at Everton a year ago. But City have just done the exact same to me. It's not me who asked to leave.

'I would quite happily have stayed there and been part of the squad and fought for my place. I have been loyal to them for a long time but it was their decision to cancel a four-year contract.

'It seems to me the contract they gave me last year was just pointless. Twelve months down the line, when it doesn't suit them anymore, they just put it in the bin and say, "Off you go".'

At least Dunne is convinced Villa will be competing with City for a place in the top four and that their stability under Martin O'Neill will give his new club the edge.

The 29-year-old Dubliner, who will make his Villa debut in the Birmingham derby on his return from Ireland duty, added: 'It softens the blow. I'm moving to a club which has similar ambitions. Obviously, they don't have the financial backing of Man City but we have a squad as good as most in the league.

'It is difficult at City because of the amount of players that have come in. So far everything has gelled really well and the results have been really good, but when it gets difficult there's not really the bonding in the dressing room.

'Villa's squad is young and have been together a while and they have the confidence of last year, when they were fourth for a long time.'

Dunne's point about the City superstar culture was highlighted yesterday as Robinho admitted he put country before club by asking to sit out Sunday's 1-0 win at Portsmouth.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1211052/Richard-Dunne-hits-stabber-Cook-6m-City-exit.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0Q5CONTQh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0Q5CONTQh</a>
to me its sounds like he felt like garry cook was takin the piss out of him! hope not n hope he reads this thread not everyone is happy about it no wonder he wanted some compo!!

ramsdale4 said:
I think devastated is the word id used for my feelings on Dunne's departure. He really deserved to lift a decent trophy for us. He is good enough for a top premiership side and im sure he will prove that at Villa. Good luck Dunney!
^^^^this^^^^

I have said this already 9 years at the club 4 seasons player of the season
good luck BIG MAN

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.