Richard Dunne {merged}

Re: For everyone that ISNT slating Richard Dunne

It's a shame he feels let down by the club, specifically Garry Cook.

But I'd have to agree with him, Garry Cook isn't a football man, and does appear to be a bit of a snake.

After spending almost ten years with us I think the least he deserves is the truth, and I think it's disrespectful of Cook to patently lie to the man regarding the reasons for his departure - never mind attempting to sell him without his own say so!

Good luck Dunnie, I wish you all the best at Villa.

As much as I'm excited for the future of our club after this unbelievable transfer window, I'm probably equally gutted that we lost the Dunnie Monster in the process. He has put in some great performances over the years and has been a loyal servant - no matter what has happened in the past couple of weeks, we shouldn't forget this. He's pulled our nuts from the fire quite a few times, and showed the kind of determination (despite some frankly sh*te football we've seen) that makes City great. Hope he gets the good reception he deserves when he comes back home to CoMS with his new team, and I wish him all the best for the future. Long as he scores an OG or two, leaves a leg out for Robbie to fall over in the box, etc . . .

Re: To: City Re: Richard Dunne

bizzbo said:
It would have been pointless, at best, to keep him, possibly even counter-productive, regardless of our silly, speculative arguments over dressing room politics and mentalities.

How many people have disregarded the fact that Dunne leaving means that Onuoha gets more chances this season?
That's actually not true. Onuoha ended last season as the first choice partner for Dunne. This season he is not first-choice partner for anybody. Last season, he made 23 league appearances, 30 in total across all competitions. He wont get that many games this time around. Not even close.

Re: Dunne City Legend or Not?

almost 350 games and 4 player of the year awards = legend

Tricky_Trev said:
bizzbo said:
It would have been pointless, at best, to keep him, possibly even counter-productive, regardless of our silly, speculative arguments over dressing room politics and mentalities.

How many people have disregarded the fact that Dunne leaving means that Onuoha gets more chances this season?
That's actually not true. Onuoha ended last season as the first choice partner for Dunne. This season he is not first-choice partner for anybody. Last season, he made 23 league appearances, 30 in total across all competitions. He wont get that many games this time around. Not even close.
I thought it was pretty clear that I meant, "more chances to play this season than he would have if dunne was still around".

RusholFkir said:
He has put in some great performances over the years and has been a loyal servant
Can't argue with that. But he was very well rewarded for his 9 years of service; the sort of reward that me or you could only dream of. He didn't do it out of the goodness of his own heart. If City were fucked, he'd have served his own interests and pissed off elsewhere, and fair play to him. We're just now doing the same thing.

Sometimes shit happens; there's no need to woman about it.

Good luck Richard.

Tricky_Trev said:
bizzbo said:

Eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.