Richard Dunne {merged}

scall1 said:
My God some of you have short memories! I've flicked through this thread and can't believe what some of you are saying about Dunnie.

"the worse Captain I can remember"

"i’ll always miss your hoofs up into the stand and your big fat arse scoring endless own goals etc"

I don't seem to recall you saying stuff like that was it 16 months ago when he was voted player of the year by the fans for the third or fourth year on the row?

Unbelievable. I'm shocked at how some people have turned on Dunnie, in fact, I'm ashamed of some of the stuff being written on here about him.

I have been saying it for years, I have never rated him!

I have received abuse for not liking the likes of Ball, Vassell and Dunne, thankfully we now have a manager in charge who like me also has use of his eyes! Im just grateful that these City fans who voted him POTY 4 years on the bounce arnt in charge of our great club otherwise we would be playing against the likes of FC United!

Someone posted on a thread last night that I should just be quiet about Dunne and be thankful that he has gone as this is what I have wanted all along, in a way I agree but everyone should be thankful he has gone because it means that we finally have people at the club who wont settle for mediocrity any longer! At some point our suppporters will also realise that they dont want to settle for it any longer either!

CityPar, stay calm mate. Mike D only posts on threads where he can have a pot shot at the hierarchy. He doesn't actually contribute anything, just takes swipes at the manager/GC.

MCFC-alan88 said:
CityPar, stay calm mate. Mike D only posts on threads where he can have a pot shot at the hierarchy. He doesn't actually contribute anything, just takes swipes at the manager/GC.

I see. Thanks for the update! For me the club comes first and the feelings of pandered millionaire players 2nd.

scall1 said:
My God some of you have short memories! I've flicked through this thread and can't believe what some of you are saying about Dunnie.

"the worse Captain I can remember"

"i’ll always miss your hoofs up into the stand and your big fat arse scoring endless own goals etc"

I don't seem to recall you saying stuff like that was it 16 months ago when he was voted player of the year by the fans for the third or fourth year on the row?

Unbelievable. I'm shocked at how some people have turned on Dunnie, in fact, I'm ashamed of some of the stuff being written on here about him.

I have never changed my views on Dunne didn't rate him from the start but never slagged him off or booed him, or any City player, on the park However, I have been consistent with my views on forums. Having watched City for 45 years I can say that he is the worse regular Captain I have seen, an industrial defender who makes last gasp interceptions or tackles because he is not a "footballer" he doesn't read the game like a class defender does. Is distribution is woeful and is contribution in goals abysmal Some of his mistakes and og's are unacceptable for a pro footballer In games this season he could, unluckily, have given two handball penalties away I've also seen him go across player in the box twice where if the opposition player had not had been honest could also have resulted in pens I would expect that Hughes knew this, when he gave him the contract but it was means must.

The PoS award is voted for by the happy clappers of the OSC, say no more

The club have plenty of opportunity to put there side of the story they have a huge media machine and have used it to their advantage.

Dunne has every right to speak out, he had a 5 year deal and was pushed out the door.

How much is Irelands, Robbie and even Onuahas contract worth now I think "nothing" we are not developing a team, here we are buying one.

Lets all single out Richard Dunne for poor team performance, forget about "tactics and team selection", forget about bringing the best out of existing players. Sell them all.

i know its the sun but they`re reporting that city sources have said that the fee was £4.8m to push the deal through and dunnie got £600,000 to go?!!?!??! someone defo wanted him out!!

Dunne is an absolute disgrace.

I want my testimonial, I want my place, I want my five year £50k a week contract.

His comments have not surprised me one little bit. It has always been about money for this bloke.

He was out the door last summer, where was his loyalty towards us then?

Hughes showed it by submitting to his demands.

Abolutely nowhere in the featured interview with Dunne does he have anything remotely couteous to say about the club and the deluded fans who backed his limited talent.

Sly little digs with regards Mark Hughes management style, Villa's ability to beat us to our objectives, an ability to come together as a squad when results may go against us.

On the last point, how does Dunbo even know this, seeing as we haven't lost a game yet this season with the new personnel?

A very bitter man who couldn't accept he was no longer the biggest fish in a small pond.

People also tend to forget that for the first few years of his stay at City, he treated his career and this club with contempt with how he lead his life.

All credit for eventually making the best of his limited ability, but I am more offended that he showed no class whatsoever with regards to the majority of those fans who did suffer his many faults.

No doubt the Irish lads and lasses on here will defend the guy to the hilt, fair enough.

I have supported City for long enough and players come and go, fans remain constant.

The only thing I can see which allowed Dunne to believe he was top dog at my club, for so long, was a fact of our gross mis-management and mediocity afforded.

Selling him is the best bit of business we have done throughout the entire summer window, and in last two years.

Kirkstall Blue said:
Lets all single out Richard Dunne for poor team performance, forget about "tactics and team selection", forget about bringing the best out of existing players. Sell them all.

To some extent I see what you are saying here. But the problem is that some of Dunne's errors were manifestly nothing to do with tactics, team selection, or any other team/manager related problem. The were far, far too many unforced errors from Dunne last season, some of which cost us, some didn't.

Now you might argue that it's up to Hughes as manager to help Dunne eradicate that from his game, and under normal circumstances that might be correct. However, when we can afford to buy Lescott for £24m, it's clear we're not in 'normal circumstances'. And I think it's also true that Hughes can feel let down by a player who is senior, vastly experienced, and the club captain. Such players are expected to lead by example and take responsibility for their own games.

On last year's form, there is scant evidence of that from Dunney.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

I want my testimonial, I want my place, I want my five year £50k a week contract.

His comments have not surprised me one little bit. It has always been about money for this bloke.

Abolutely nowhere in the featured interview with Dunne does he have anything remotely couteous to say about the club and the deluded fans who backed his limited talent.

Sly little digs with regards Mark Hughes management style, Villa's ability to beat us to our objectives, an ability to come together as a squad when results may go against us.

On the last point, how does Dunbo even know this, seeing as we haven't lost a game yet this season with the new personnel?

A very bitter man who couldn't accept he was no longer the biggest fish in a small pond.

People also tend to forget that for the first few years of his stay at City, he treated his career and this club with contempt with how he lead his life.

All credit for eventually making the best of his limited ability, but I am more offended that he showed no class whatsoever with regards to the majority of those fans who did suffer his many faults.

No doubt the Irish lads and lasses on here will defend the guy to the hilt, fair enough.

I have supported City for long enough and players come and go, fans remain constant.

The only thing I can see which allowed Dunne to believe he was top dog at my club, for so long, was a fact of our gross mis-management and mediocity afforded.

Selling him is the best bit of business we have done throughout the entire summer window, and in last two years.

Absolutely spot on, great post

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Great post!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.